Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Command Prompt User Blocked

0 0

Right, the server at my school runs Windows XP, and obviously I'm on a student account. I want to try and access the command prompt. Although I've managed actually accessing it, it says that I do not have permission to use or operate it etc. Is there anyway of bypassing this, the C: drive is blocked, and i cant access it via any forms (address in the IE url etc.). Any advice?

Banned
0 0

REGEDIT4 [HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesWinOldApp] "Disabled"=dword:0 [HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesSystem] "DisableRegistryTools"=dword:0

Try putting it on your pen drive saved as *.reg Then double click to execute. It should work.

Bl4ckC4t

the master of nanoy(.org)
0 0

you could try right clicking on the desktop and creating a shortcut to c: it always works at my college…:p

0 0

nanoymaster wrote: you could try right clicking on the desktop and creating a shortcut to c: it always works at my college…:p

One of the first thing I tried. I also tried creating a new shortcut from scratch, doesnt work unfortunately. As well as that the admins have blocked right clicks.

0 0

yeah i had the same problem. all you need is to make a prompt in a batch file. (Strangely enough, they didn't block batch files:P) I got one off HTS, i suggest you go there… But yea my school's the same way, the C drive is blocked off. I can get into any of the other drives, just not C. And btw, if your school is like mine, you can go on the internet and upload it all to a fileshare thing, and just kinda steal their files. (That's what I did lol) but yeah I'm having the same problem…so if u find out anything about it, tell me:P