Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

IE Uninstall on Windows XP Professional

0 0

Has anyone managed to uninstall IE on WinXP ?

If you have, I'd be really gratefull if you share how you did it, 'cos it's really doin my nut in !

Thanks

• AbSoRb

0 0

try add/remove windows compontents in add remove programs, that worked on win 95, and win 98 I dunoo about XP, it should ut I never tried.

0 0

In WinXP, they changed it so it just removes access from it, but not uninstall it :

NOTE: Internet Explorer 6 is preinstalled by default in all versions of Windows XP. To provide computer manufacturers greater flexibility in configuring desktop versions of Windows XP, Microsoft has made it possible for OEMs, administrators, and users to remove user access to Internet Explorer while leaving the Internet Explorer code intact and fully functional to ensure the functionality of programs and operating system functions that rely on it. For example, Windows XP supports an "IEAccess=off" switch in the Unattend.txt file, and Internet Explorer has been added to the Add/Remove Windows Components section of the Add/Remove Programs tool in Control Panel.

The quote was taken from here

• AbSoRb

0 0

Yes IE sucks but, I wouldnt recommend you uninstall it. MS requires IE for downloading software updates for other Microsoft programs. But its your choose, here's a link http://www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/howto-03.html (don't know if it acctually works)

Or you can disable IE.

0 0

The problem is that IE is kinda integrated with the OS itself.

So unistalling it can be a bit of a fuck up.

0 0

The main reason i want to uninstall it is because of viruses. Im pretty sure there's a couple of viruses on my pc that use IE already, i started using firefox because my IE got really slow. If i disable it, then viruses can still use it.

• AbSoRb

0 0

yea IE can be a pain with virusus but i mean, if u uninstall it and u got some MS updates most of the time u will need IE to update them.

Run full scan of your pc delete all the virusus and disable IE, then i think things could be much easyer…

0 0

Don’t do it, I did it and my whole internet stop working, I could have been just a coincidence but I’m not going to do it again.