Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Kali or not Kali

0 0

So want do you guys think is the best OS for hacking ? Sounds like a noob question? Maybe ? And I know nobody is going to say "Yeah…I use Windows"….but besides Linux I just started using Mac OS X on a virtual machine and installed some software like Burp, nmap and John the Ripper etc…..comes pretty decent. I don't like Apple because it's closed source….concerning the hardware etc. But as a virtual machine the OS is pretty nice. So what do you guys think about that ?

0 0

boot up a minimal ISO and manually add the tools you specifically need to do the job.

0 0

I would go with Scar on this one, i do have a usb and live dvd with kali but if you know the tools you want just boot up a linux box and download the tools you need so you dont have all the extra clutter.. but If you dont know them then kali is a good way to go.. thumbs up

1,415 0

I would get Kali most security pen company's use it. I have it as a VM on most my computers and installed on as a main OS on one laptop. You can use anything really pretty sure metaspoilt has a windows version.

10 0

hell_flame85 wrote: I would get Kali most security pen company's use it.

I use Windows for Web Apps (YES Windows) and Ubuntu for infrastructure. Bear in mind security consultants/pen-testers write reports communicate via email to their clients etc, so kali is meh for main OS.

Basically Kali is Debian with pre-installed tools and more/different repos

0 0

Parrotsec has some nice tools too…and a bit more functionality than Kali….but I'm huge fan of virtual machines anyway…keeps you more open and you learn to deal with different OS…which helps a lot considering pentests

10 0

Hyp3rh4cktivity wrote: Parrotsec has some nice tools too…

Debian thumbs up

0 0

The forensic software I am developing is Debian-based….

0 0

Honestly…. why use anything other than Debian? Definitely the most reliable in my book..