Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Windows 10

0 0

I am looking for a document on Windows 10 that goes into explaining core files and directories of the OS. Explaining the booting process and the science behind everything. I know there are numerous articles that talk about operating it and explaining the various things you can do, such as new features etc.

I know some of you haven't left Windows XP yet, (not saying any names) but I want to learn 10 inside and out.

XP is a bad ass OS though, it is their best OS to date. I have a good feeling about Windows 10 though. Although I understand everyone has their own opinion.

10 9

I kinda like Windows 10, it seems to be pretty stable and has yet to freeze or crash, the only issues are with the lack of control, even if you are admin ,and the telemetry bullshit.

There are several good 3rd party apps, that can put right most of the privacy settings, and you should download gpedit.msc as that will give you a bit more control, and a few of the other settings can't be changed without it, but it's not bundled along with the OS.

0 0

Yes, for privacy I would disable a lot of unwanted services. Windows 10 is the shit, just give it time and it'll have as good as a rep as XP. Oh, wait XP is your favorite because that's when they first came out with Remote Desktop connections for a Windows OS (RDP) 3389 lol Windows XP was great and Windows 7 is good too.

10 9

The best version was 14 times better than Windows 7 ever will be. Win 98. A browser a media player, windows messenger and notepad, who could need anything more.

0 0

Yes!, MSN messenger was the best lol

0 0

The main problem of Windows 10 - is a privacy. But it can be solved. In other things it's a good OS with new features and old tricks.

Anyway, i'm still using XP as my second os :)

0 0

Yeah, but that's becoming more of problem with everything lol

I would go through the running system services and disable what I do not need or want enabled

0 0

Well, you should read books and documentation written for older versions of Windows NT, btw they use same principles. I doubt there's a book out there explaining things to the core. It's also trickier to reverse engineer whole thing.

0 0

Yeah, that's understandable. I need a good reference for the system registry though; do you know of any??

0 0

Thanks for sharing that. There are so many different things that you can do with the registry.

0 0

Yup, registry is very powerful thing.

0 0

Registry knowledge comes in handy 4 sure.

0 0

I know I can grab a bunch of digital copies online, but I like having the actually book. I went through and seen what Amazon had to offer and I am interested in a few titles.