Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Gnome installation..error, maybe? o.o

0 0

I finally got around to installing Arch Linux on a netbook, and already updated the kernel, et etc. Installed xorg-server, hal, gnome via pacman. Installed graphics drivers, and synaptic touchpad driver.

When I type the command Startx it takes me to a screen that looks like this: http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/246822_1613267791351_1825998672_1013889_2320865_n.jpg

It gives me that black "X" mouse, a black background, and for some reason, starts up with 3 terminal windows. The mouse is able to move and click around, and the terminals work, and ctrl+alt+f2 gives me a terminal.

Did I install anything wrong or something? o.o

0 0

Create a new user. That generally happens because people try to log with root account. If that doesn't work, make sure you did configure everything right and google more.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Is your .xinitrc file configured properly? To work with "startx", it should contain something like this:

exec ck-launch-session gnome-session