Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Is DD-WRT reversible?

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Hey guys,

I've got a D-Link DIR-615 that I was considering installing DD-WRT to, however I'm more or less just using the router, and the previous owner may need it again at a later time. Is it possible to flash the original firmware back onto the router?

Ultimate Headshot
0 0

As per a site I found:

Notice: DD-WRT is a popular and widely accepted software platform. Porting DD-WRT is considered safe given that you are familiar with the technical details but do so at your own risk. Please be informed that it is irreversible once the firmware is overwritten.

However surely the method you flashed it with originally can be reversed engineered. Just replace the room it loads with an original set.

Dunno

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Mb0742 wrote: As per a site I found: [quote]Notice: DD-WRT is a popular and widely accepted software platform. Porting DD-WRT is considered safe given that you are familiar with the technical details but do so at your own risk. Please be informed that it is irreversible once the firmware is overwritten.[/quote]

Hmm, thanks Mb, not sure how I missed that.

However surely the method you flashed it with originally can be reversed engineered. Just replace the room it loads with an original set.

That was my train of thought as well. Meh, I suppose I'll just have to try it and out see.