Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Gnome3

Ninja Extreme
0 0

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/gnome-3.html

I've been wary of Gnome3 for a while, but if they actually try and release that crap I'm definitely going to be switching back to KDE4. It seems like both Ubuntu and Gnome are trying to make the desktop look like iOS, but they don't get the fact that it's still a desktop.

Anyone else have opinions on this? I havn't actually tried Gnome3 myself, but I've been watching the videos and reviews and it really does look just horrible. On the other hand, I suppose they could have as much as a years more work on it, but I'm still not fond of the direction they're going in.

0 0

i did give gnome3 a shot, and it sucks big time, lagging and stupid glitches, even though its easy to use once you get to, it steals the fun out your box! currently using openbox and i cant find 1 bad thing about it, kde is great, yet it has like 1000's of things i dont really need nor use.

:)

0 0

They're trying to snap up a market for those who are easily impressed visually COUGHSimpletonsCOUGH, pretty much like the core Appel business model - and I think you'll find, the average consumer is easily persuaded by packaging (for some reason, don't ask me why).

Ninja Extreme
0 0

ADIGA wrote: i did give gnome3 a shot, and it sucks big time, lagging and stupid glitches, even though its easy to use once you get to, it steals the fun out your box! currently using openbox and i cant find 1 bad thing about it, kde is great, yet it has like 1000's of things i dont really need nor use.

Yeah, well I can sort've understand the bugs, being still in development, but to me it just seems like an enlarged smartphone interface. I've never been the biggest fan of lightweight WM's, although I can certainly understand the attraction. I used Fluxbox a while back and really enjoyed it.

j4m32 wrote: They're trying to snap up a market for those who are easily impressed visually COUGHSimpletonsCOUGH, pretty much like the core Appel business model - and I think you'll find, the average consumer is easily persuaded by packaging (for some reason, don't ask me why).

I definitely do like my visual appeal and packaging, but not when it interferes with functionality and organization. I think that's my biggest issue with Gnome3 - they're changing things just for the sake of having change.