Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

issues with kubuntu install

0 0

So i made myself a live cd for another computer i have, and every time i try and install it their are no fucking partitions to format. I can't create one or anything has anyone else ran into this issue?

I'm really thinking about wiping the drive unless I'm being oblivious and i am just doing it wrong.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Well, considering that you really were very undescriptive with your problem, my advice is to just wipe the drive…. That's essentially what you are doing when you create new partitions, so I don't really see why you are reluctant to do it.

If there is important stuff in the partitions, just move it somewhere else for the time being.

0 0

Welcome!

Here is a thread that I snagged that seems to describe the problem you're facing, I'm going to see if I can track down anything else that might be more helpful (a little bit vague in this article, but better than nothing I suppose): http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-laptop-and-netbook-25/no-partition-table-when-installing-kubuntu-acer-netbook-751880/

Alright, here's one more. There's not too much that I'm able to find, looks to me like it's not that common a problem (your loss, unfortunately). http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-472582.html To quote what the person above said, might have to wipe off everything or something. If there was anything you needed, I'd image the drive first using something like FTK Imager (no cost) and keep it just in case you do something that screws up something.

Sorry I can't be forthright in solving this issue; I've never dealt with it personally so the best I can do is give you secondhand information. You could also continue this search, I was just googling for things pertaining to "kubuntu no partitions install" and "ubuntu no partitions install," etc.

Admin from hell
0 0

Best you post what your doing, Your vague on information here. Once your in live-mode you can just click install and it walks you through.

0 0

c0zy wrote: So i made myself a live cd for another computer i have, and every time i try and install it their are no fucking partitions to format. I can't create one or anything.

I'm really thinking about wiping the drive unless I'm being oblivious and i am just doing it wrong.

Boot to the LiveCD and open a terminal. Post the output of:

sudo fdisk -l

If you don't see something like "dev/hda" or "dev/sda" there (or hardly anything at all there), then reboot the computer and enter CMOS setup by pressing F2 or Delete (depending on your system – it will show it on the monitor most likely but, if it doesn't, it's probably Delete). Look around and try to find entries for hard drives, CD drives, etc., then post what you find there.

Most likely, if you can't partition a hard drive, it's because there's not a working hard drive for the install to detect. Won't know for sure until you post some meaningful data, though.