Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Dual Boot from Seperate HDDS

0 0

As I mentioned in my other thread, I've found an old HDD. I intend to get the files from it http://www.hellboundhackers.org/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=30&thread_id=14906

Once I've done this, I was wondering if it would be possible to dual boot using that, and my current HDD.

I should also add that my curent master HD is SATA2, as my motherboard is designed for.. and the other HD is IDE.

Does anyone know if this is possible and if so, how? Thanks very much.

0 0

How would I determine which I have?

0 0

MoshBat wrote: [quote]x_5631 wrote: How would I determine which I have? I presume it's Windows XP's. Unless you or anyone else may have changed it?[/quote]

lol For some reason that didn't even cross my mind, sorry for asking a pretty pointless question lol.

Right, so yeah it's XP's, so it should be easy enough to dual boot with two HDDs? I'm planning on XP + Fedora?

If anyone already has that setup on seperate HDDs I'd be very grateful for any tips/help.

0 0

Thanks for all the info :D

Well I went for the installation, but I can't actually get Fedora to install >_<.

I do all the config stuff (running "Install to Hard Drive" App from the LiveCD). I keep getting "Unhandled Exception" with anaconda :( I get this after "Copying live image to hard drive." During "Doing post-installation" I get the exception.

I've googled around but I can't seem to find any reasons for this that apply. If anyone's had this problem, I'd greatly appreciate any tips or suggestions.

[Edit] Here's the "Details" of the error, don't know if it's any use. http://pastebin.com/m7dab882f

Admin from hell
0 0

I had the same problem, Try disabling all addons, Just do a bare install then update off the internet.

By the way if you want to dual boot in windows use this boot loader in your boot.ini file:

[boot loader] timeout=30 default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS [operating systems] multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect c:\bootsect.lnx="Linux"

Edit> Fucking retarded spelling.

0 0

What options are you selecting for install? Perhaps try korgs idea and let us know how it goes, if you get past that i can help with configurations etc.

Admin from hell
0 0

I'm sure if he does what I said it will work. If he knows what to do.

0 0

because your a genius! :p