Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Multiple Audio Devices - Help

0 0

Well for quite a while I've been climbing under the desk and unplugging my speaker to plug my headphones in, and vice versa. I've now fitted a secon sound card, with which I'm hoping there's some easy way I can just switch between them (having speakers plugged into one and headphones into the other.) I knoww that I can go into Control Panel (using Windows XP SP2 by the way) and change the default, but I was wondering if there's an easier way, or some way I can configure certain things to use one or the other.

Any help/tips?

Thanks, x_5631

0 0

… So, what happens when you plug in your headphones while your speakers are plugged in? No sound through the headphones? Sound going through both the headphones and speakers? No sound at all through either?

0 0

Well, I had only one sound output port, so, sound in whichever was plugged in.. 'cause I obviously couldn't plug them both in at once (no headphone socket in speakers)

Zephyr_Pure wrote: … So, what happens when you plug in your headphones while your speakers are plugged in? No sound through the headphones? Sound going through both the headphones and speakers? No sound at all through either?

Now I have put an extra sound card, I have both plugged in, one into the onboard and one into the other soundcard. So I get sound through whichever is enabled as default in Control Panel.

0 0

Does the extra sound card have both a headphone jack and an audio out?