Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Linux live CD help needed

0 0

Another thing to note - Lots of linux distros(live) won't work on certain computer/chip architectures, mainly laptops. Although, with most if that was the case you would at least get past the 'no os found', or maybe not. It's worth looking into to see if your machine is supported, before you waste a bunch of time trying to install it. BackTrack 3 won't run on my AMD Turionx64….:(:(:(

0 0

websniper wrote: This whole site is about working through the issues to get to "The spoon is not there."

The cake is not a lie, for you Portal players out there.

websniper wrote: …or CentOS (my Fav due to support)

I have to agree. CentOS is fantastic whenever I need an application server in a pinch. If it wasn't for Gentoo, CentOS would prob be one of my top picks. Forget LiveCDs; if you want customizable boot environments, grab Slax Popcorn and toss in some modules, or just be lazy and grab BT3. If you're looking to install, stay with my top 5: Gentoo, Debian, Arch, CentOS, Slackware. Read, learn, grow. Do stuff. Rock on.