Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Windows XP ('"Secret"') Shortcut key Login

0 0

I Heard that theres a windows shortcut key that can switch users and show you a user where his password is "admin" is it true? you must be in the windows user login screen (Start Menu + L) then what? Anyone knows or heard of that before? :| Usefull when you are in a net cafe…

0 0

If anything that sounds more like a Vista blunder if such a thing even existed, which it doesn't. Someone is yanking your chain there, you're gonna have to just use the SAM file.

0 0

moshbat wrote: [quote]Silentghost wrote: If anything that sounds more like a Vista blunder if such a thing even existed, which it doesn't. Someone is yanking your chain there, you're gonna have to just use the SAM file. …Vista? Read the title.[/quote]

Can you not comprehend what I wrote?

0 0

Silentghost wrote: If anything that sounds more like a Vista blunder if such a thing even existed, which it doesn't.

I'm hoping that was sarcasm.

moshbat wrote: …Vista? Read the title. Silentghost wrote: Can you not comprehend what I wrote? I read and comprehended what you wrote just fine; doesn't make it any more intelligent, though. moshbat was kind in directing you to the title.

It sounds more like an XP blunder because, in Vista, the default administrator account is disabled. No Safe Mode tricks, no quirky admin whatever. The only exception to this is an upgrade from XP to Vista but, seriously, who in their right mind would even bother?

Also, XP used the old LM hashing (for legacy support) in addition to NTLM hashing; though this could be disabled through the registry easily, many don't because they are not aware of the security weakness. To sum it up: SAM file + Ophcrack > default XP. That was changed in Vista.

So, why isn't Vista better than XP? Because they screwed up more than they fixed.

0 0

Yes that was sarcasm and I would hope that was clear, sorry if it was not. It was not necessarily directed at the password aspect of vista by any means, more the fact that it was a complete fuck up of an OS.

0 0

Don't be sorry… just practice on the sarcasm a bit. Looks way too close to real advice.

0 1

Yeah I think I've heard of this one around 3 years ago.

It's like this: At the welcome screen, do the three-finger salute (ctrl-alt-del) and the logon window is shown, and you can then login from the administrator account (no password needed). Note that logging in from the welcome screen is unavailable for computers that are members on a network domain, which means that it can only be done locally.

0 0

fuser wrote: Yeah I think I've heard of this one around 3 years ago.

It's like this: At the welcome screen, do the three-finger salute (ctrl-alt-del) and the logon window is shown, and you can then login from the administrator account (no password needed). Note that logging in from the welcome screen is unavailable for computers that are members on a network domain, which means that it can only be done locally. That's an old trick. Reason why it's unavailable for computers attached to a domain is because those computers won't have a Welcome screen… they would get the login window by default.