Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

wine vs. cedega

0 0

Hey, i just installed my linux and i heard that windows games actually perform better and wonder which of these (i don't know 2 call'em emulatos or simply call'em programs -=PLS HELP ME CLARIFY THIS=-)is best 4 me (i'd like MMORPG( Mu online (GlobalMu(which needs shortcuts in the registry)))): wine or cedega?

0 0

Your post was Mega Confusing this is what i got out of it. -You Just installed Linux -Want to get a new game -You want some emulators, don't think we can post them here.

Please don't use )))) these so much.

0 0

sorry i was just trying 2 help u understand what i ment. Sorry again if it is 2 confusing. Let me refrase it: which of wine and cedega are the best 4 playing windows games that make registry extensions?

0 0

i would also like to know what would be a good windows emulator i would like to play counterstrike on my nix if at all posible

0 0

wine and cedega emulate the windows api and both can handle directx. From my experience I find wine best for applications and cedega best for games. At the time I last attempted to play a game with wine (Doom 3 before the official binaries were released) the directx support was still in early testing but it was decent for where it was at. Probably by now it's gotten just as good or better than cedega.

0 0

Windows emulators are legal. Of course you can post them.

Cedega is built on Wine for games. It isn't free though.

Wine works on some, but not all games. Cedega is better.

0 0

Cedega Is Free, But only if you want to compile it yourself… Cedega was build to handle DirectX on the bit level while Wine was built to handle all windows code at the bit level… so if you want the best preformance for games, go with cedega…

0 0

As someone previously said, Cedega is built on the Wine X project. It is specifically built for gaming and emulating the Windows API so you may play Direct X games via Linux.

That is /the best/ route to take if you want to seriously play games in Linux.

0 0

ya, I also use wine for programs and use cedega for the few games that i still play…. (Diablo 2 = free cocain) (FFXI = expensive cocain)

0 0

Wine & Cedega are *nix versions of the win32 api and DirectX thats the easyest way i can put it for you, so they are not emulaters.

Wine == free Cedega == not free (better support)

Altho cedega can be downloaded for free off bittorrent etc..

The Manager
0 0

The main problem with Windows Emulators is they do not support the newest DirectX which 90% of all new games need. Use a MAC emulator and play the MAC versions!

0 0

AldarHawk wrote: The main problem with Windows Emulators is they do not support the newest DirectX

Did you not read the above!? There is no M$ "Emulators" Wine etc are re-writes of the API, an interpreter if you like for win32 apps

0 0

Cedega for games. Nough said.

0 0

The name WINE was derived from the recursive acronym "Wine Is Not an Emulator," it implements a compatibility layer.