Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Gimp Compiling errors

0 0

I have kubuntu 8.04 and i cant get gimp 2.2 to compile. i extract the tar to my home directory then use ./configure and it runs the confiugerations script but gives an error that gcc wont produce executables . gcc is installed by defualt on kubuntu 8.04 and when i type gcc i get the no source file error so i know gcc exists on the system. but i cant compile a basic hello worl program i get linker errors so i think ld is the problem. any ideas what to do? i dont have internet on my linux box yet so keep that in mind that i cant use apt-get install <package> solved i got internet and used adept to download/install

0 0

why are you trying to compile gimp 2.2, gimp 2.4.5 is in the repositories and can be downloaded and installed via the package manager

sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install gimp

0 0

You need the kernel headers…

0 0

gothicbob wrote: why are you trying to compile gimp 2.2, gimp 2.4.5 is in the repositories and can be downloaded and installed via the package manager

sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install gimp

i dont have internet on mah linux box yet. is there away i can install packages offline?

0 0

well do you have the cd you installed from? because I'm pretty sure its on the CD. You can install the packages offline, just by manually downloading the .deb packages, but you'd need to make sure you download the dependencies for gimp also

0 0

Try this page. It lists the dependancies too.