Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Ubuntu problem

0 0

I have ubuntu on my pc.It works fine but i got big problems on startup… it wont to load the ubuntu i must restart pc several times to start loading :wow: i tried to reinstall ubuntu but i still have that problem :evil: anyone got solution?

0 0
  1. are you attempting to dual boot or have a grub setup to handle multiple os
  2. what exactly happens when 'it wont load', eg, just black and nothing more, errors appear on screen etc
  3. does it full load and run fine once it does load
  4. did you fully format your hardrive and re-partition uses gparted or let ubuntu auto-partition?

0 0

"1) are you attempting to dual boot or have a grub setup to handle multiple os" - NO

1. what exactly happens when 'it wont load', eg, just black and nothing more, errors appear on screen etc - it just show ubuntu loading screen with loading bar but it does not load.

2. does it full load and run fine once it does load - YES

3. did you fully format your hardrive and re-partition uses gparted or let ubuntu auto-partition? - YES

0 0

try to have a look at whats gone on when it does start up. If you can get more details of what its doing, have a look, it may be spending ages setting up a wireless card or something like that. Failing that, if it does boot eventually run dmesg in a terminal and look over the output for errors/timeouts.

0 0

I believe if you press ALT+F2 as you're starting up you should lose that pretty loading bar/splash and get verbose mode, try and see where it hangs up on. -Anonymous-

0 0

you must be running gutsy, hardy doesn't have the bar, or atleast on my laptop it don't

p.s. sometimes gutsy takes a little while to load up, you probably just need to be more patient

0 0

Guys i think my problem is sloved…. i installed new video driver i think that was the problem :D