Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Fedora 8 - change runlevel

0 0

I am currently running runlevel 5, and I want to change it temporary to 3. I read some thing about init <number> but when I'll try to do it, I will get markupbash: init: command not found So it seems that this command does not exist. How can I change it? Of course, I'm trying to run this command under root. Thanks

0 0

Don't know much about runlevel, but that init is run at boot time so you very probably have it. Maybe you just miss /sbin in your $PATH.. so try: markup/sbin/init instead of just markupinit

Edit: i read a bit…if you want a console login you can try pressing ctrl+alt+num where num is a numer ranging from 1 to 6. On Gentoo you get tty, on Ubuntu too. Chances are that Fedora implements this too.

0 0

Yes, you're right, I've missed /sbin in my init command. Now I'm trying to write some nice shell script, only reason why I'm playing with runlevels is that I "hate" the Fedora login screen, where are all the usernames nice displayed. I don't want this because of I'm not the only one who is using the system. So I want from user to enter his login into console, then the Xorg will start. Anyway, thanks for your help.