Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Gaming On Linux

0 0

Iv been considering the leap to linux for a while, but i am also a keep gamer. Iv played around with VMware but its slow and i want to take the full step.

What are the issues with gaming capabilities on Linux and is it worth just dual booting.

Im currently running XP Cheers

Mambo

0 0

what do you intend to use it for apart from gaming?

Ultimate Headshot
0 0

WINE runs most games but recent ones with strong security refuse to work.

0 0

if the primary use for it will be gaming then you shouldnt bother changing as XP despite its flaws is still the best gaming OS (dont even mention Vista)

0 0

koolkeith12345 wrote: what do you intend to use it for apart from gaming?

To get a feel for another operating system as i have only ever used versions of windows, and also learn how to develop the operating systems to improve them

=]

0 0

there are plenty of emulators available for linux, and if you really want to run some modern, gfx-intensive games in linux, try cedega (like wine, but developed specifically for gaming).

Btw, many of the unreal tournament games come with linux installers, just run the install.sh script that is on the cd/dvd.

0 0

mambo wrote: To get a feel for another operating system as i have only ever used versions of windows, and also learn how to develop the operating systems to improve them

=]

maybe duel boot or you could just mess about with a live cd version like knoppix. Alternatively if you have an old unused computer kicking around then use that.