Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Linux Choice

0 0

Ok, I know lots of people have asked but I want to ask a little more specifically. I have a o0ld laptop, to be honest I'm not sure of all of it's spec 'cause I don't have it with me.. I know it has 256 RAM and 8GB HD - It runs DSL (Damn Small Linux) but I'm looking for something a little better for what I intend to use the laptop for - programming.

I'm not going to be using it to do any complex programs - just the simple stuff to stop boredom.

I want to use ir for C++ deffinately. Perl and Python would be great too. However, I can't install these on DSL succesfully and I can't find another OS that'd be good for this.

I'm not too bothered about a GUI interface or anything, in fact Console only would be fine. I'm looking for a reccomendation of either a good Linux for this.. or a good Unix. Also, I'd be hoping for one that's not too big to download or anything. Oh, and free :D

Thanks

0 0

xubuntu.

0 0

Vector Linux. and you shouldn't have any problems with DSL, try asking in their forums.