Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

most secure and least secure os

0 0

what is the most secure os and what is the least secure os?

...Legend?
0 0

Linux :P Woot. Pick a good build and then its down to you to secure it correctly….Good Luck.

0 0

The least secure os is DVL - Damn Vulnerable Linux. It's actually designed to have as many flaws as possible, which is great if you want to learn how to patch stuff :D

0 0

There is no most/least secure OS (DVL aside, I'm talking true deployable stuff), it all depends on how you configure it and what you put on there.

0 1

i think the most secure is actually OpenBSD.

it claims: "Only two remote holes in the default install, in more than 10 years!"

and the least secure, imho, is Windows 95 and 98. back then even if an account is passworded, you can just click cancel on the login screen and it'll still log you in.

and remember when cDc gained wide interest for releasing BackOrifice just to show Windows insecurity?

lesserlightsofheaven wrote: I'm talking true deployable stuff), it all depends on how you configure it and what you put on there.

true.

0 0

fuser wrote: it claims: "Only two remote holes in the default install, in more than 10 years!"

Well, thats what it claims. I wouldn't be surprised if there were others that were secretly patched.

0 0

fuser wrote: and the least secure, imho, is Windows 95 and 98. back then even if an account is passworded, you can just click cancel on the login screen and it'll still log you in.

… Or you could just remove the PWL files :p for example if there was a password protected account with the username JIMMY, you could just remove %WINDIR%\JIMMY.PWL (mostly C:\WINDOWS\JIMMY.PWL) and then enter a new password for that account next time you started the computer. Lol, I remember making boot disks for that :D

Btw it worked in Windows 95, 98 and ME as well

0 0

dex_poet wrote: windows ME has other problems ;) I know someone who worked at tech support when it came out, lol.

The computer I use for 90% of my internet access is a Win ME computer, don't get me started on how much it sucks :angry:

...Legend?
0 0

ME … .ahhhh one of the more overlooked Windows OS, I would not reccomend it, I dislike it some what.

0 0

lesserlightsofheaven wrote: There is no most/least secure OS (DVL aside, I'm talking true deployable stuff), it all depends on how you configure it and what you put on there.

I think, it DEPENDS on how the OS was first designed to be how much secured… :)

0 0

What_A_Legend wrote: ME … .ahhhh one of the more overlooked Windows OS, I would not reccomend it, I dislike it some what.

It doesn't use much RAM and is actually quite fast, but it KEEPS ON CRASHING AND GETTING BLUESCREENS ALL THE TIME… And it's not very secure :xx: