Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

vista to XP or Linux need help.

0 0

I recently got a new laptop and it came with Vista, now Vistas not bad but id rather have XP or linux. I'm not sure how to install XP or linux distro on to it correctly, my problem is that the disk i have for XP came with a Desktop, so I'm not sure if there are drivers that a laptop needs that this disk doesn't come with or if there would be no major problem. Also im not familiar with using Linux so any suggestions on what to do would be appreciated.

Specs: 2 GB ram 160 GB hard drive 256MB graphics Intergrated

0 0

I don't think you should wipe your current OS from your HDD to replace it with something you aren't familiar with, but it's your decision.

0 0

well im not familiar with Linux but i have used XP alot, my main question is if a install disk that came with a desktop would have all the things needed to run a laptop correctly.

0 0

It might not, I really don't know, but if it doesn't, I'm sure you can find any necessary drivers online.

0 0

thanks for the help im gonna have to start working on it this week then. And i guess that if i format the HDD and try to install XP it wont hurt it if it dosent work cuz i could just put Vista back on.

0 0

Dual-boot vista with XP or Linux.