Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

I need a lightweight linux distro

0 0

im trying to find a lightweight linux distribution for a laptop that has a p2 @ 233mhz with 64M ram that can run php and apache

0 0

DSL (Damn Small Linux)

0 0

Well, you can always try Arch Linux, it's what i use. It's very efficient, and pretty lightweight. It just depends what all you want to do on it. I wouldn't recommend using it if you are new to Linux though. You can also try Ubuntu, DSL, CentOS, or even google other things. I personally don't like Ubuntu, only because it's just not my style, and because it can be pretty basic to use. DSL is if you need a ton of space, it's probably the simplest distro out there, and is only if you really want to start small (90MB max). CentOS is pretty nice, but not as configurable as some of the other distro's. I used it for a while and was pleased with it, but still, the best one in my opinion is Arch. It may take a little more to install, but it's extremely easy to update, and get smaller packages once the initial install is finished. If you want to i can help you set it up. It's really nice if you add on some extra stuff too. Tell me what you want to get, and i'll help you if you want (KDE, Gnome, other).

Just PM me if you have questions or anything. I'm usually on at least 4-5 times a day, usually around 6-9 times actually, but still.

0 0

if you want really light weight get pocket linux.. fits oon a floppy, only 50 megs XD

...Legend?
0 0

I have to agree with DSL (damn small linux) the best small linux I have ever seen.

0 0

x0vghd wrote: if you want really light weight get pocket linux.. fits oon a floppy, only 50 megs XD

Umm… It's a lot smaller than that, since a normal floppy only has 1.44 MB space.

Anyway, here's a mirror in case you want it: ftp://ftp.tuniv.szczecin.pl/pub/Linux/pocket-linux/