Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Question about Linux.

0 0

I am currently using Ubuntu, and have found that I cannot two do things that I ever so LOVE to do on Windows

1. Listen to music through limewire, I can't download it, is there an alternative like it just for Linux?

2. YouTube Videos. I have downloaded all the plug-ins and have both Java and JavaScript enabled in the browser, but I'm still having trouble with watching the video.

I know you guys will probably flame the shit out of me, but I'm just asking for some help. Sorry for sounding like an idiot lol.

Admin from hell
0 0

Easy… don't run Linux, Why unless you can't get a copy of XP Pro would you??? Xp can do much more:D

0 0

That wasn't the answer I was looking for lol

but thanks anyways.

Admin from hell
0 0

check out wine or other programs to convert windows programs

0 0

xzebrax wrote: I am currently using Ubuntu, and have found that I cannot two do things that I ever so LOVE to do on Windows

1. Listen to music through limewire, I can't download it, is there an alternative like it just for Linux? im not sure exactly what limewire is, but if its just an application for downloading torrents then theres a plethora of them in linux. i've tried qbittorrent, DC++(for linux), azureus, deluge, amule and of course bitorrent itself. bitorrent comes together with ubuntu, so you already have it. the rest can be found in the universe repository in ubuntu. [/quote]>
  2. YouTube Videos. I have downloaded all the plug-ins and have both Java and JavaScript enabled in the browser, but I'm still having trouble with watching the video. very weird. i had absolutly no problem at all playing them after installing the plugin it will prompt you to install when first trying to play a youtube video. i dont know what happened there. i also use downloadHelper to download them as .flv and use this http://www.linux.com/articles/56642 to make them xvid.

I know you guys will probably flame the shit out of me, but I'm just asking for some help. Sorry for sounding like an idiot lol. no man, the one who'll get flamed is korg, his absolutly pointless and unconstructive comments will piss off many people…

Admin from hell
0 0

no man, the one who'll get flamed is korg, his absolutly pointless and unconstructive comments will piss off many people… No I make a valid point why run linux period. A lot of you Fucks only install it to be cool. You think by running "linux" I'm different. Sorry pal but there is NO advantage to running linux over XP. You just do NOT know how to use it properly.

0 0

lol this doesn't have anything to do with my question

but Carbon is definitely right! linux is only as good as yourself.

0 0

Yeah, but do you think you can give me any answers for my question? Cause I just want to watch Youtube videos lol.

0 0

CarbonLifeForm said: try FrostWire, a cross-platform fork of limewire created by the community when limewire sold out to the RIAA

there you go, now its related. (note, he actually said this but not here)

EDIT: i really doubt you can play youtube videos in ubuntu from the LiveCD, you'll have to install. otherwise (in the case you can play from a livecd), it means your LiveCD is faulty, try burning a new one.

0 0

lol dude limewire is available for ubuntu and i'm currently using it flawlessly…:happy:

0 0

sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

Admin from hell
0 0

Perhaps Korg, if you knew how to use linux properly wouldn't bash it so. Its a very transparent system that allows for lots of choice and customization. Unfortunately to take advantage of this it relies alot on user skill which may be what has soured your linux experience

Errr what. I have 3 computers and run linux on one (I have used just about all of them, Currently using Ubuntu 7.10) I know how to use and configure linux very well. Anyone who knows me here knows I run my own modded version of Xppro, Which is by far more stable and faster than any linux I've used. So don't assume someone's skills if you don't know them. Thanks.

Ment not to flame but correct.

0 0

the difference is that depending what you mod in XP you can end up breaking the law, but with GNU/Linux you dont have to worry about that.

And for the original poster, anytime you have trouble doing something with Ubuntu go to http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php and search around. Almost anything you want to do will have already been asked/answered.

Admin from hell
0 0

It's not against the law to mod or change windows for god's sake, It's illegal to distribute copies of it. What do you think the microsoft police will come and get you, LOL.

0 0

korg wrote: Errr what. I have 3 computers and run linux on one (I have used just about all of them, Currently using Ubuntu 7.10) I know how to use and configure linux very well.

Korg also wrote: Why unless you can't get a copy of XP Pro would you???

Bit of a contradiction there…

Banned
0 0

Contradiction? I see merely someone who knows what he's talking about.

0 0

Just because you wont get caught doesn't mean its not illegal. That being said I admit im not %100 sure that it would be illegal, but I was under the impression that certain types of modding would be banned by the DMCA.

Admin from hell
0 0

@DarkMessiah: Not a contradiction Just showing that I use Linux, Not just a Linux basher. I do a lot of repairs and set-up for servers on unix base. I prefer Xppro myself because It's my Bitch and it does what I want. The computer I'm on now (my main) Has had Xp for over 3 years now.

Attack-Vector Perl
0 0

Regret pulls the topic out of the heat of an impending flame war and dumps water on it…

Seriously…bickering online is the equivalent of masturbation, the only satisfaction it gives anyone is yourself until you see the next post that downplays yours, then you must put in your two cents and make your own digital world right again…cool your jets people and help in the problem.

Flash-player plugins in Mozilla have two places that they need to be place in to work effectively.

/opt/firefox/plugins/ and-or /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

Make sure that libflashplayer.so and flashplayer.xpt are located in both locations to make it work.