Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

What Linux should I get?

0 0

well I have a computer without an operating system and am going to install Linux. But I'm wondering what kind should I get? I've been thinking about Redhat but I'm kind of new to linux since I've only used knoppix and for a small amount of time. So what kind should I get if I'm new to linux?

0 0

BLAG and ubuntu are good for beginners.

0 0

You should just save yourself. Check the old posts that ask this. I think there might be an article on it aswell, not sure. But because this has been asked so many times, you're likely to just get flamed.

Read the old ones, look at their feedback.

0 0

he ain't gonna get flamed for asking a decent straight to the point question…

0 0

well i dont think it is deserved of flamming….but there ARE some articles but if he is like me and lazy…i dont feel like looking through eveything and ya…i have ubuntu. and its OKAY….i mean hey it works lol….

0 0

well it really depends on what you want to do.. there is a different kind of linux distro for whatever your specific needs are. i've heard that ubuntu is really good if you're just beginning with linux so might as well give that a try.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

i think there's an active thread called "fedora vs. ubuntu", but i didnt read it so i dont know if it'd be helpful to you. i've found both of those to be pretty good. from what i can remeber fedora is a less demanding os as far as processor and ram requirements. but like eXXon said, it really depends on what you want to do with your system.

0 0

It really doesn't matter which one, if you know what you're doing.

Ubuntu is extremely easy to set up, but lacking in control as a result. Fedora is harder to set up, but yields more control. blahblahblah.

it's the same shit.

I have Debian on here, and it was a fun journey to get it set up. Granted, there were bumps along the way, but what do you expect? If you're trying to use linux as an easy desktop OS that "just works" (sound familiar?), then you're doing it wrong.

Think about WHY you want linux. Then, it'll be easier to choose a distro.

0 0

lesserlightsofheaven wrote: Think about WHY you want linux. Then, it'll be easier to choose a distro. hear, hear!

i wanted to mention that BLAG is basically fedora but with the restrictive codecs and drivers also installed. remember that they arent so easy to install in fedora as theyre in ubuntu (but livna.org will do this if you got fedora). also richard stallman recommended BLAG for begginers (as well as utotu) in a speech.