Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Linux-Ubuntu

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

Hey guys. I have dual-booted my laptop with Ubuntu and Vista and after changing something in the grub loader Vista takes several min to load up. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what to do about this. But that isn't the real reason for this post. Ubuntu and BT2 don't support my wireless card. Is there anyway that I can put the drivers on Ubuntu or BT2 so that the will work. If you have the answer you can either pm me or just re-post here. Thanks guys.

0 0

Look at ndiswrapper, allows you to use windows wireless drivers on linux.

0 0

DigitalOutcast wrote: Look at ndiswrapper, allows you to use windows wireless drivers on linux.

There is tons of info about that on the ubuntu forums.

0 0

1stly- Digital Outcast? watsup havn't seen you in a while? U still get on msn? 2ndly- yeah, the Ubuntu forums is very useful for this kinda stuff, but u might wanna google up on what digital said but i've nver heard of that b4–going to google up as well

0 0

BT2!!!

0 0

I had the same problems with my desktop and ndiswrapper works, but I got the new version of Ubuntu about a month ago and it supports my wireless card completely, so make sure you have the newest version of Ubuntu installed.

And Vista always takes a while to boot up, it's Vista, it's naturally slow.

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

Thanks guys. Not having the newest Ubuntu could be a problem. lol. :ninja:

0 0

Yeah I couldn't get it to work with the old Ubuntu…even though it was like 6.9 or something. Get the new one, if you have any questions, IM me :)

0 0

Skunkfoot wrote: I had the same problems with my desktop and ndiswrapper works, but I got the new version of Ubuntu about a month ago and it supports my wireless card completely, so make sure you have the newest version of Ubuntu installed.

And Vista always takes a while to boot up, it's Vista, it's naturally slow.

yeah i had the exact same problem and worked on it for a couple days. but with gutsy it was flawless.

0 0

yeah exactly. No installation of gay programs or finding the right drivers or anything…