Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Windows Registry Changes

SET

Peumonoultramicroscopicsilico
0 0

When a user has lesser permissions they can not edit the regisrty. But windows still can edit the registry. Here is a exsample: You can not edit the registry to change your screensaver when u have lower permissions YET if u go to properties and change the screensaverthere windows changes the registry. What i am asking is there away to expliot that? is there away that registry changes can be made if we could somehow make the computer belive we were windows. And last question what process allows windows to keep replaceing certian files in System 32 dir such as screensaver files or Utiliman.exe or CMD.exe? is there away to turn it off?

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

SET wrote: When a user has lesser permissions they can not edit the regisrty. But windows still can edit the registry. Here is a exsample: You can not edit the registry to change your screensaver when u have lower permissions YET if u go to properties and change the screensaverthere windows changes the registry. What i am asking is there away to expliot that? is there away that registry changes can be made if we could somehow make the computer belive we were windows.

in my experience, if you dont have permission to change the registry, you generally dont have permission to access things in windows that changes registry data, but sometimes command prompt can be used to do what you are talking about.

SET wrote: And last question what process allows windows to keep replaceing certian files in System 32 dir such as screensaver files or Utiliman.exe or CMD.exe? is there away to turn it off?

i'm not sure what you mean here. when does windows need to replace screensaver files in system 32?

SET

Peumonoultramicroscopicsilico
0 0

When u replace lets say utilman.exe in system32 with another file windows remakes utilman.exe and erases the one file u replaced it with. So what process is doing that?

0 0

Good question, I'd kind of like to know that myself… googles