Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Removing vista's file systems

0 0

I was recently browsing through my computer and noticed how much room vista actually takes up so i decided to delete some unimportant file systems, My only problem now is i keep seeing the blue screen of death, well its actually black most of the time. I was wondering if any body knows why this is happening and has and suggestions on my means of fixing?

Thanks all!

Banned
0 0

OKAY HAHA LOL. Sorry dude, but PLEASE, have you read the old thread? And Zephyr's post? HA!

Reinstall windows ASAP, quickest, most safe way.

0 0

ROFLMAO who was it that bet that FireSaleHaxor deleted core vista files and owned himself? was it you spyware or zephyr? lololol

Banned
0 0

mr noob wrote: ROFLMAO who was it that bet that FireSaleHaxor deleted core vista files and owned himself? was it you spyware or zephyr? lololol

was Zeph, pretty awesome bet huh? Within the three days too. I guess he's going to get his 5 bucks.

0 0

Thank you for you're help. I have just read Zephers post :angry: oops. Oh well its all a learning curve! I have found my cracked vista disk. Will reinstall soon. Is there any system files i can do without on my next install?

Thanks

0 0

FireSaleHaxor wrote: Thank you for you're help. I have just read Zephers post :angry: oops. Oh well its all a learning curve! I have found my cracked vista disk. Will reinstall soon. Is there any system files i can do without on my next install?

Thanks

perhaps buying a bigger hard driveQ? or grabbing an old one you dont use and using it with you current one with raidQ

Banned
0 0

FireSaleHaxor wrote: Thank you for you're help. I have just read Zephers post :angry: oops. Oh well its all a learning curve! I have found my cracked vista disk. Will reinstall soon. Is there any system files i can do without on my next install?

Thanks

Yes, but don't try to remove them without using a tutorial.

0 0

FireSaleHaxor wrote: I was recently browsing through my computer and noticed how much room vista actually takes up so i decided to delete some unimportant file systems, My only problem now is i keep seeing the blue screen of death, well its actually black most of the time.

OMFG, dude, are you serious? Damn, I'm good! B) Oh, and that means someone needs to own up to my 5 bucks. Hey, I was even right about the blue screens being black; I just made that one up. :P

First tip: Do not delete "unimportant file systems". Most likely, you confused "unimportant file systems" with "critical system files".

Second tip: When someone bets that you will own yourself within 3 days, wait until at least the 4th day to admit that you did. :happy:

Now, time to go throw it in my sig. That is just too hilarious! :D

0 0

"Cracked" vista disk? You mean 100% legally bought, Microsoft funding disk right? lol.

ROLFMAO Zephyr!!! AMAZING

My big suggestion is, don't go deleting files you don't understand.

0 0

Lol…i bet he delete his paypal when he tries to send the 5 bucks -_-

Admin from hell
0 0

This is the funniest shit I've seen in along time,Although not the first person I've seen do it, But maybe the first in vista. Next time just delete all your registry keys they take up lot's of room too.Thanks for the laugh.

0 0

Flaming_figures wrote: ROLFMAO Zephyr!!! AMAZING

Pure chance, I assure you. I only meant it as a passing joke but, instead, I got lucky. :P

Ayr4 wrote: Lol…i bet he delete his paypal when he tries to send the 5 bucks -_-

Now, that, combined with this good laugh, would be an equal exchange for the 5 bucks. I swear, I nearly died laughing when I saw this thread. The next thread will be about my (potential) psychic powers. lol

To the OP, you're not the first person to make the mistake of deleting things erroneously. However, you have to be exceptionally careful when modifying / removing pieces of the operating system. Although Vista does take up considerably more space and memory than Windows XP, it is by design. Whether the design is flawed or not, that question is best placed in another of the "Vista vs. XP" debates. Your main concern now should be to understand how to optimize the operating system through the means which it allows.

My first suggestion, as far as performance is concerned, is to switch to the classic menu style (right-click the "Start Menu", Properties). After that, just do online research on how to "tweak" Vista… there are plenty of online resources that address that issue.

0 0

I hate you guys… Just making me cough up $5 huh. Team work. What do you have going… 50-50 split? or is Zephyr robbing you like he is me and giving you 80-20. Cheap bastard. Argh… $5. I'm broke again now.

:o:(:o:(:angry:

0 0

This is BY FAR the most unhelpful thread ever……………..however i must say………it is also BY far the best thread i have ever read. HaHa props to zeph

0 0

noober wrote: This is BY FAR the most unhelpful thread ever

Why do you say that? Because no one has offered him advice other than "don't delete system files"? That's just it… there is no "magic fix" for what he did. He deleted system files, which crippled his OS. He has no choice but to either recover or reinstall the OS; both will require the OS's original CD, which basically equates to "erase and start over". All in all, it looks accurate to me, unless you (or anyone else) can come up with a better suggestion.

it is also BY far the best thread i have ever read. HaHa props to zeph

Thanks for the props. As a last note, I'd like to say that, although this thread is full of a bunch of cracks at the OP… this might actually be the best way to educate lazy people on how to avoid these types of problems. I could sit here and talk all day about the evils you could commit on your poor Windows-based OS but, in the end, you won't read. You do, however, care about degrees of embarassment; most people do.

Ultimately, you're just left wondering: After this thread, how many people will start deleting "unimportant files / folders"? Seems to be effective to me.

0 0

spyware wrote: OKAY HAHA LOL. Sorry dude, but PLEASE, have you read the old thread? And Zephyr's post? HA!

Reinstall windows ASAP, quickest, most safe way.

gotta agree with spyware here, very hilarious. And yeah, I think you can just reinstall windows, right? Maybe you can do something with the recovery console, but idk, I've never had to use it…

Or just reinstall the stuff you deleted…

oh wait, you can't even boot up xD