Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

WinXP No Disk Exception

0 0

Exception processing message c0000013 paramaters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c

This pops up every time I boot XP Pro SP2. It is a clean install from yesterday. The only apps I downloaded new to it are:

CCleaner (CCleaner site) WinRAR (from RARlabs site) ZoneAlarm (From ZA site) uTorrent (from uTorrent site) Firefox (mozilla) iTunes + QT (Apple) Win Messenger (Microsoft)

I went right ahead and installed SUPERAntiSpyware. The rest of the apps I installed I already had on another HD. (Reinstalled/installing OS/apps on friends HD for her, it had over 80 viruses/trojans no lie and her kids used Limewire -.- )

This error pops up in win classic theme, cant shut down the task (its a system task, csrss.exe), it crashes programs when I try to run them, and eats up cpu (shows as only 3% or so but the effects are very harsh)

Both drives are formatted NTFS with FAT32 recovery partitions. I only have this problem on my friend's, which I'm booted from now.

Options are: Cancel, Try Again, Continue. I kill the app in taskman and it just restarts immediately.

What is this? How can I fix it? I'm googling but not finding much. Also, the MSN window bounced around a bit about 2 minutes after I started up ZoneAlarm… it's given me no warnings… What's up? Might I be infected? I'm rebooting to my secure OS to scan and diagnose this problem.

Admin from hell
0 0

no disk errors are caused by windows looking in the wrong drive for info. Go to the disk management screen and check your drive letters. I've seen this a million times people will reload windows under a different letter (not "C" ) for example then load all programs to "c" and windows can't find it then. Make sure your drives are pointed in the right path.

0 0

alright ill check that, but i havnet modified anything in c: (original OS) and I installed everything with d: paths. I'll check anyway, anything else I should know?

It also pops up abotu once every 10 mins or so when booted from c: but it goes away when i click cancel or continue.

[edit] Win XP (friend's hd) shows up as k: while MediaCenter (mine) is c:. When I boot from hers, hers shows up as d: while mine is still c: I am having the trouble with the one on d: All the programs are fine, win locates them no problem. Any other ideas? I don't know what to do from here, short of reinstalling OS (like richo suggested lol). I would like to fix it though, at least for the learning experience! Everything's mounted ok in WinXP, but some programs crash and others don't. For example, staring a superantispyware scan crashes the app, but it is ok just sitting in the tray. Firefox, on the other hand, works like a charm. I'm going to uninstall/reinstall all programs i guess… cant atm because im busy on th is os (MCE) [/edit]

0 0

I reinstalled XP on friends HD, all is fixed on it now, but now that I've returned her computer, i'm having the same exact problem on my box… but now, the disk error message won't go away! And I can't connect to the disk manager… it'll sit there for about 10 minutes trying to connect, at which point I retry… I'll try leaving the computer management -> disk management open for about half an hour now and maybe it'll connect… :(

Damn Windows!!

0 0

Ha, man i had that same error a while back.

God Damn Windows.

It actually happened twice.

First time, i kept restarting windows till it would let me run it. Then fix any registry problems i had. That worked for a bit.

The second time i got my XP CD, and extracted the files i needed from there and copied the bad files on my computer (from Recovery Console)

Anyways, those errors suck and i hate them and they make me want to cry.

0 0

Have you tried plugging in the hard drives separately? That is, only having one plugged into the system.

0 0

Um… that helps me how?

I've already cleaned up my registry, had tons of broken/missing stuff in there

I don't have the install disk… I have a crack one lol but I don't want to even have to go into recovery.

So what do I do? I am going to run a chkdisk to make sure everything's ok (I think it is) and I already cleaned registry, right now I'm trying to get into disk management to see if it still thinks I have other drives hooked up…

Oh, and this may be unrelated, but when I plug in my flash drive, the default doubleclick option is "Open [insert symbols and gibberish here]", and it treats it like a file… I can still explore and get in, or type Q:\ in explorer… can that be related at all?

Please help, my dad always freaks out about stuff like this… technically, its his computer XD and he blames me for every little problem. I'm surprised he didn't get a heart attack when we had the vundo trojan rofl.

0 0

Zephyr_Pure wrote: Have you tried plugging in the hard drives separately? That is, only having one plugged into the system.

I only have my main HD in the system right now. I already said I returned the other computer to its owner, so its only my main drive in here now.

And disk management is crashing every time I run it :(

0 0

BUMP

I really don't know what to do with this, I can't find anything on Google and I can't get into disk management without it crashing. Please help, my dad is freaking out (and the error <i>is</i> rather annoying)

Thanks!

0 0

KK I fixed this, it was a trojan (fooool.exe USB + autorun + corrupted %WINDIR%/system32/explorer.exe. Used Norton antivir 07 to remove from flash drive, after attempted force removal in Nix and Mac, deleted fooool.exe from system32, booted into dos mode and renamed corrupted explorer.exe to explorer.BAK.

Hope this helps, if anyone else has this problem. This virus is hard to spot; i discovered it accidentally when I noticed I couldn't save an autorun because it had made and hidden (very well!) its own.

(Y) Peace