Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

custom windows xp editions

0 0

After 5 years of use my win xp got f…ed up, im gonna have to reinstall. Anyway….I noticed a few custom windows xp editions (black, ultimate , ultimate xp vista , lots of stupid names)

My question is , are they worth downloading , do you people use them?

Because I customize my own windows (shut down unnecessary services , delete some stuff , drivers , programs , images on the folder background , skins, the usual), and to do that , i need about a week (im not 0-24 on my pc) :D .

So I was wondering if there's a special edition of windows that has most of the drivers , and is already tweaked , that doesnt crash or anything.

Banned
0 0

Viperus wrote: that doesnt crash or anything.

It's WINDOWS, what do you expect? I'd say mod your own.

[/ends short reply]

0 0

spyware wrote:

It's WINDOWS, what do you expect? I'd say mod your own.

[/ends short reply]

LOL , didnt see that one coming XD

0 0

Viperus wrote: My question is , are they worth downloading , do you people use them?

Probably not.

So I was wondering if there's a special edition of windows that has most of the drivers , and is already tweaked , that doesnt crash or anything.

Sure there is… it's called Linux, running XFCE. If you're adamant on running Windows, though, you could travel to the far-off land of Perfect, where they sell a version of Windows that has enough drivers, is tweaked, and never crashes.

Banned
0 0

Zephyr_Pure wrote: you could travel to the far-off land of Perfect, where they sell a version of Windows that has enough drivers, is tweaked, and never crashes.

It's actually called "Steal the windows source code and completely redo it and REMOVE ANY SIGN OF (D)HTML IN THE OS"-land.

0 0

Hmm, I know some of my friends use 'XP Lite', but I'm not sure whether it contains all drivers and stuff.

I stick to 'XP SP2 Toxiso' which is the best Swedish cracked version.

0 0

On a serious note, you should check out nLite, which allows you to customize an installation of Windows XP. Just use your Windows XP CD, toss in the drivers / programs you need, remove any unwanted garbage, and viola… customized XP.

0 0

I use XP Pro Performance Edition, it's basically XP without all the Scheißeware and Bloatware. It doesn't come with drivers for everything, but, then again, it's Windows, right? (At the time I downloaded, it was so popular that I got it via torrent at speeds averaging over 150KBs!)

It is lightning fast (compared to normal XP SP2) but if you really want something good, get Linux and use the XFCE window manager. I use it, and it is faster on a 650MHz/320MBmachine than XP 2003 on my 2.2GHz/1GB box!

Best choice would be to do some research and find what suits your needs. I say just use Wine, but if you must have Windows, go for one of these cracks. From my experience, they're usually pretty good.

0 0

I think you guys are doing something to cause xp to crash… that or I am extremely lucky. I have used xp for years and it almost never crashes. I'm not saying its the better os, just that it doesn't crash for me.

0 0

Viperus wrote: After 5 years of use my win xp got f…ed up, im gonna have to reinstall. Anyway….I noticed a few custom windows xp editions (black, ultimate , ultimate xp vista , lots of stupid names)

My question is , are they worth downloading , do you people use them?

Because I customize my own windows (shut down unnecessary services , delete some stuff , drivers , programs , images on the folder background , skins, the usual), and to do that , i need about a week (im not 0-24 on my pc) :D .

well, windows is already pretty stable actually, considering it has to run on so many different hard ware platforms and devices. I actually think it carries a good selection of drivers already.

And by including all the drivers people could possibly need into one package, it would make the .iso file absolutely huge to download.

I also heard a little rumour somewhere that some popular xp custom editions come with embedded spyware and trojans. Not 100% sure on that though, but could be true.

I really suggest you look into linux though, I switched to Linux permanently a while back, and haven't looked back since. Wine runs most windows apps flawlessly (like photoshop, dreamweaver), and Linux has much better, more stable window managers available for it than Windows.