Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Vista rundll32 with videos

0 0

Ya, new computer, had it a few weeks, came with Vista Basic, VERY ANNOYED. (of course, this thread, is about a Vista problem.)

**he Problem:**T 90% of the videos I have downloaded (like steg14 for example) go to my desktop or any folder on the desktop and I get an error popping up saying "Rundll32.exe has stopped running" and then it comes up saying it is restarting, the explorer bar disappears, comes back, and I get the error again. And then it all happens again until I do the temp solution or shut the computer off (in which case it still begins popping up etc.) This happens if it is in any way shape or form running, even in the file browser. Many videos still are able to play (I already did something to make them shut up about me watching some of them) but a bunch still do this.

Temp Solution: What I have been doing with any downloaded files (which are stuck with going to desktop) is open cmd, move file.mpeg ../../directory And it works, but I can't look at it in a file browser or open it.

**Problem in the problem:**Half of the videos that do work will not run in WMP or anything, only VLC (which isn't a huge complaint)

Please help, I want to get passed Steg14 without going insane AND it would help amazingly. I wouldn't mind Vista, NEXT year when all bugs are out and we are, ahem "Anticipating" Microsofts next OS :D But till then, linux or XP Pro, unless you know how to fix every little bug and the floods of error messages.

0 0

Vista uses Windows Media player to load a thumbnail for the video, so i guess if WMP cant play it then i guess the thumbnail should not appear. Try disableing the "active thumbnails" or save the file with a filetype that vista wont recognise (like *.bullshitvideo) and then open it in VLC.

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

Try downloading Ace Mega Codes Pack and see if that helps, because I've had that problem before (the rundll problem), and AMCP solved it for me :)

0 0

Well, the thumbnails are still seen for the ones that wont work on WMP but not the Rundll ones, but then again, I don't know… I haven't really had them in folders viewed before… thanks for the help, I will try the Ace Mega Codes Pack thing.