Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Remote Access Linux

0 0

Quick question: How can i remotely access my Fedora box from my win xp pro?

Will remote desktop connection work? It hasnt been able to so far. and i've only tried from my network so far, but could i access it from elsewhere as well?

0 0

A number of Linux distros should come with vncserver pre-installed. To find out, just run "vncserver" from the Terminal. To connect to the remote VNC server, use VNCViewer. Remote Desktop doesn't work with Linux, afaik; alternatively, rdesktop in Linux (also pre-installed on a number of distros) allows you to remote control a Windows machine.

Finally, if you plan on doing the remote control session from a distance, you will want to STRONGLY consider tunneling the VNC session with ssh.

0 0

thank you both. Netfish Those are some pretty cool tools. I've never heard of something like explorer 2fs and im definatly gonna try it. zephyr looking for vnc. And i honestly know nothing about ssh. Played around with putty for a while, Dont really know what to use it for. I'll make sure i know what that is before i use any long distance remote. Thanks For the tip.

0 0

tonzofgunz25 wrote: And i honestly know nothing about ssh. Played around with putty for a while, Dont really know what to use it for. I'll make sure i know what that is before i use any long distance remote. Thanks For the tip.

No problem. If you decide to pursue it, there are a number of sites that have good information regarding "Tunneling SSH with Putty". Also, accessing Linux partitions from within Windows can be accomplished with Ext2 IFS for Windows, too. Anyways, good luck.

0 0

thanks again