Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

winutuxu

0 0

is winutuxu really winxp sp2 combined with ubuntu? someone told me that it is only standard winxp sp2 with skin of ubuntu. also, i have little complicated installation of winxp 2. i have new hdd, winxp setup dont recognize him. so i must insert a diskette and specify additional drivers, if i want to see my hdd in the installation (sil 3112a raid) i have downloaded winxp sp2 "indego 7" which is extended version of windows. but i cant install that fucking driver. i do it just like in previous installs of winxp. i've insert the diskette, and install driver. then formatted partition c, and continued. but i've get error : "the following file cannot be found sil3112a.sys" but i know that exactly this file is on that diskette. it worked on standard installation of winxp, but not on this. in linux installation (i've installed on that same disc fc6) i dont have this problem with drivers. i dont have to install nothing. so, my question is: will i have problems with my hdd in installation of winutuxu? thanks.

0 0

Well I've done some research into this 'winutuxu' of yours, and it appears that it is merely a Windows XP installer, heavily modified to act and look like Ubuntu. Which kinda defeats the point, and makes no sense. Why not just run Ubuntu in the first place, than 'run it' on a windows base? It makes no sense to me.

And chances are, if you had driver problems with Win XP, you'll encounter similar problems with winutuxu.

Check this thread for more info: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=555347