Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

vista

[TheN00bHacker]
0 0

ms vista is by far the shittiest os ive ever seen.

after having it for 2 weeks i've been having so many errors and problems and crashes ive already reformatted once… so i decided to reformat my computer with xp again.

does anyone know a good way to save my files? i was thinking of transfering them to another computer on my network or maybe creating a seperate partition to hold the files (does anyone know what partition type or tool to use for this?). are there any better ideas?

Banned
0 0

Portable Hard disk ftw, or an iPod/creative if you don't have to transfer much. Another possibility is to send the data over your network to another computer, and send back when XP install is done.

0 0

rockbll4 wrote: does anyone know a good way to save my files? i was thinking of transfering them to another computer on my network or maybe creating a seperate partition to hold the files (does anyone know what partition type or tool to use for this?). are there any better ideas?

Sure… there are a million good ways. Portable USB HDD, as spyware mentioned, is probably the least hassle. If it's not that much data, you could burn it to Data DVDs. If you prefer a network solution, then you could set up a shared drive on another machine (whether it's Windows or Linux w/ SAMBA) or set up an FTP / SSH server on that other machine. If it's not too much data (< 2GB) or data that's too sensitive, you could use the GSpace extension in Firefox and a Gmail account to upload your files there.

Finally, if you have no choice but to try and keep the files on the HDD and you're stuck with a single full disk partition, then you could try Partition Magic to split the partition into two NTFS partitions and copy the files to the second one. I say try because Partition Magic is risky… there is the chance that it will screw up the partition table, which would ultimately trash your data.

Hope that gives you some ideas.

[TheN00bHacker]
0 0

kk thnx for the replys guys. i paritition my hdd with some other program and then transfered my files and reformatted the main partition :-D it worked

0 0

really, cus my version of Vista seems to be running great. I am not saying that it is better then Ubuntu, but it is better then that new mac os, leopard