Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

JPG/GIF + javascript

0 0

I have seen things like the JPG exploit that is supposed to give you admin on a computer, and gifs that execute scripts on the clients computer, and I was wondering, is there a was to intergrate a javascript into a gif and/or JPG?

0 0

just a few minutes ago i tried to put a lil java script in a .jpg in some html and it just put the pic up as broken >.> so ya, if any one actually knows how to do this gimme a hint ^^

0 0

I've been wondering the same thing for the past few days. I know there is a way to put javascript into a JPEG, but I don't know how. Does anyone know?

0 0

Almost too easy. I believe HBH has been hacked in this way twice, not exactly like that obviously since HBH is php-fusion, but code in a image. I'm rambling…

0 0

Well you can also just use things like this … (outlook/email poping up) ;)

"img"mailto:AnnoyingPOP-UP@HBH.org"/img"

Replacing [] with " will make usually make an email program to open

0 0

wtf how did you do that :|

0 0

You sh!t head! i wondered what the hell was going on then!

Enlighten us, how did you do that ????

0 0

EDIT:

I accidently double posted, so ill write in here, after daemorhedron' post.

Im using firefox, but Outlook still opened, and an annoyingpopup@HBH.org still came up in a new message.

I dunno…..

• AbSoRb

EDIT2:

Oh yeah, i didnt think to look at the image location until afterwards! :|

[img]mailto:wow_it_works@OMG.com?subject=Hello%20Dudes&body=Sorry%20for%20making%20another%20i%20just%20had%20to%20test%20it%20out!%20%20%20From AbSoRb[/img]

0 0

I didnt do it but it was just this script in the gif javascript:window.open(mailto: email here ) it only works in ie, infact if he doesnt mind, download that picture, open it in a hex editor, copy-paste it into a hex=>ascii converter and it will be a image file type header then that code.

0 0

lol@wolfmankurd. You really over-analyzed that.

0 0

Wow you really went into it…

As daemorhedron just said, its just a simple "mailto" in and img tag. And it does work in Firefox, Im not sure tho if it works in Thunderbird. If there are any Thunderbird users(set as default email prog.) Let me know if it does.. Also i will edit out my picture with the "mailto" so its not annoying when people check out this post, so who ever else also added one, please remove it.

0 0

Gamercjm wrote: Wow you really went into it…

As daemorhedron just said, its just a simple "mailto" in and img tag. And it does work in Firefox, Im not sure tho if it works in Thunderbird. If there are any Thunderbird users(set as default email prog.) Let me know if it does.. Also i will edit out my picture with the "mailto" so its not annoying when people check out this post, so who ever else also added one, please remove it.

yes it works in thunderbird (I have thunderbird)