Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

logging in on in ftp dos

0 0

okay, so i use nmap to scan a site and get an open ftp port (usually 21). so i connect to the site on ftp via dos, and no matter what i type, it asks "password required for <whatever i type>" so then i know its not gonna let me do a thing till i log in. so i type user admin and hit enter and then it asks me for a password, but after a couple of tries like root, admin, propgate etc im all out lol. Now, is there anyway to brute force this login using a program? also, it came to attention that the user name im using may be wrong, so is there a way to list the usernames required for login, without having to log in?

Im sure these questions will probably annoy the hell outta most people, so i apologise, but as always, and help given is very much appreciated! :D

0 0

Yeah, you can use brutus as it supports FTP.

0 0

Usernames (like passwords) HAVE to be stored somwher in SOME file. Keep that mind set. There are programs that can 'overpower' it… but from my point of veiw using a crude tool, or any tool crudely, lacks style.

Now if you just wana get in fast and don't care much about the actual hack….:evil:

0 0

These files keepy is talking about, do you find them through command prompt while connected to the ftp port?If so are the user and pass folders similar to unix like /ect/shadow

Banned
0 0

depending on the OS, keepy, I believe is talking about the password files. in linux - passwd stored in /etc/passwd in windows - the SAM files stored in C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM

You would have to have to obtain these from (most likely) physical access, since you are unable to log into the FTP.

There is also the other way of tricking them into opening a cleverly hidden trojan (I much rather see you code your own than download one) that has a backdoor port open for you.

He could be talking about exploiting the software that could be using a port.

You see theres numerous ways to root a computer. The easiest is get the passwd or SAM file, then decrypt it, then log in from your FTP client. It would be the least amount of work, in my honest opinion.

Bl4ckC4t

0 0

you can try login as a "guest" :P type "anonymous" as username and password…

and yea there are some Programs that you can use to crack ftp…i got a good one..let me know if you want me to upload..

0 0

in linux - passwd stored in /etc/passwd Only if your system is running a distro that's older then I am. Most (read: all) distros these days use shadowed passwd files: the hashes are stored in /etc/shadow.