Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Getting through pass-protected folders

Lover of Parkour
0 0

Hello, I don't often ask for ow to do stuff outside of general curiositys because I use google. But I have tried to get into a site (or a folder) and it is .htaccess folder protected. Is there a way to hack this? I havn't found any apperent vulnerabilitys and the google searches come up with how to make them and how to stop hackers and that isn't what I want to do. So I guess te gist of what I want to ask is:

Is it possible to hack a password protected folder over the web without other vulnerabilitys (such as easy acces to a directory listing)?

Thanks guys, NC

Lover of Parkour
0 0

Basic 12 also has the same thing so I guess it can be doneā€¦I just have no idea HOWWWWWW! can someone please help me?

NC

0 1

either use a exploit similar to basic 12, OR make a php script to brute force the htaccess. Because there is no limit to how many times you can login.

Lover of Parkour
0 0

ok, thanks. I guess I'll have to find an exploit. I'm not patient enough to brute force

thx Mr_Cheese NC

0 0

hey cheese. could you show me an example of a brute force script? thanks

0 0

How would the php bruteforce work? how does it login?

0 1

i wont give a example of a script, but i will help someone code one or look at their code if they are having problems.

Also, if you want to brute force htaccess area's php has special variables to use with the cURL function that handles htaccess logins.