Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

using proxy in putty

0 0

i need to connect to a ssh server but not directly, cuz i want to be anonymous and when i use the http proxy in putty it tells me "403 Forbidden Proxy", and when i use a high anonymity proxy it gives a 400 error. can anyone help me out here??

0 0

I dont even know how to use putty.. :|

0 1

http proxies wont do anything to hide you when you login using SSH.

HTTP = port 80 SSH = port 22

so, it wont work if its on a seperate port.

If you want to be anonymous, then you'll have to use another shell, and use that as a proxy.

You –[connect to remote shell]—> [shell 1] –[connect to final SSH server]

that way the SSH logs will have "shell 1"'s IP and not yours.

0 0

u mean even using a sock5 proxy can't hide my ip ?? and it's not anonymous?? oh man then i think i might be in a little trouble :D:D i know i should use an other ssh server as a proxy but the problem is i don't have anyother at the moment :|

0 0

a very nice progy that can help you hidding yourself on the net proxomitron and look up some proxy servers on google;

btw: when you wanne be sure your invisible on the web or not, try to trace down yourself ;) there are nice ways to do soo. i'll write an artikel on that when i'm healty again.

0 0

You're dumb.

He doesn't mean for HTTP.

He means for the protocols support by Putty.

Cheese, it's actually very risky to rely on other shells for privacy. Dedicated proxies are the way to go, but the more you can throw in the better. Proxies through shells, sure.

0 0

I think someone should write an artical on what putty is and how to use it.

0 0

yeah, an article on putty would be a good idea. it is a very handy tool and good for leaning unix(or linux) commands in without having the os. i know i would read an article on it. it should have something on choosing a good shell to use aswell. i use SDF.lonstar.org sometimes, but its a limited account unless you pay so i could do with a better shell.:D

0 0

Doesn't anyone on here have shell accounts to give away? It would suprise me if no one did.

0 0

As far as the comment about being a good way to learn linux without having the OS..

Er..

No. You need the OS. Someone else is just providing it for you. You could also use VMWare or Cygwin if you chose.

Putty is an SSH/Telnet/SFTP client, nothing more. It implements all the features imaginable from the unix ssh-client application, including pub/priv SSL keys for password-free logon, and so on.