Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Need help. What can i do with a XSS exploit

0 0

Hey guys,

I have found a exploit in a web site (XSS) I wan't to know what i can do with…

and ideas?

0 0

We need some sample code. that might hel p us let you know what it does. or mabey you have something that can be tweeked to do something diffrent. I dont know, you didnt give enough info.

0 1

you could steal cookies.

but if you know how to find a XSS exploit.. then usally you know what to do with it.

are you sure you have found a vunerable site?

if it is vunerable, and the site is peaceful then i suggest you notify the admin.

0 0

Desvcribe it's features to us and we'll let you know, what makes you think its vunerable?

0 0

well i inserted <script>alert("hello")</script> into a search box and it came up on the next page. So im guesing it is because i read a lrticle on xss exploits and this is one of tha ways to find a vunriblity

0 0

I dont think that is xss well I thought it had to stay on the page after you left.

0 0

Yea. I think its not really one.. ohh well :(.

0 0

lol, I my e wrong it might still be possible to use since youmkae the server excute somehting infact if it will run php I'm positive it will

0 0

yea….. im guna try and see how i can make it permanent.

0 0

yea….. im guna try and see how i can make it permanent.

0 0

Any ideas on how i can make it permenent?

0 0

Any ideas on how i can make it permenent?

0 0

sorry for tha dp

0 0

More like quintuple post o_O

I just wanted to say that for it to be an XSS hole, it would have to alert hello. If it just shows your code on the next page, it is not a hole. Keep looking! :D

0 0

no it dose have the alert hello

0 0

sly mate.. you need to understand something.

You've got 2 options - your choosing of either one is dependent on what kind of site it is.

1. Contact the webmaster and let them know about the hole.
  2. Read up on exploits and do as much damage as possible.

One of the above would make you an idiot in my opinion, and the other is the easiest.