Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Hacking and removing banner ads?

0 0

Hey, does anyone know a way to remove banner ads on a site without paying? Or at least not have them display on every frame on a phpMyChat?

Any help would be nice, although it's probably illegal and not a good thing to do.

Thanks,

• Sarah

0 0

Sarah_Briarmoss wrote: Hey, does anyone know a way to remove banner ads on a site without paying? Or at least not have them display on every frame on a phpMyChat?

Any help would be nice, although it's probably illegal and not a good thing to do.

Thanks,

• Sarah

bingo!

but speaking in terms of uping education:

u can use some simple CSS to remove them, search google for more info.

0 0

If you don't mind having invalid code, most providers start ads when you type {body}. So if you don't put a body tag in, that will beat some providers.

0 0

try this:

first put <noframes><body></noframes> in front of the <body> tag and then add <textarea style="display:none;"> before the </body> tag.

that should work.

0 0

Okay, as the boards were hacked or something, and I'm guessing this is a backup from a few days ago or something, anyway does anyone know how they could help with the ads?

PM me for the link. Thanks,

• Sarah

0 0

scankyfrank wrote: try this:

first put <noframes><body></noframes> in front of the <body> tag and then add <textarea style="display:none;"> before the </body> tag.

that should work. You should try this first. It sounds like it might work.

0 0

SlimTim10 wrote: [quote]scankyfrank wrote: try this:

that should work. You should try this first. It sounds like it might work.[/quote]

I have, and I had replied to that, but the boards got hacked or something and my reply got deleted.

0 0

Its called FireFox and AdBlock…

0 0

BluMoose wrote: Its called FireFox and AdBlock…

Bingo. Failing that, <any browser>+proxomitron is the ultimate in control.