Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Are SQL injections on certain browsers platforms dangerous

0 0

So, I'm looking through tutorials and stuff on SQL injections and I come across a video where a guy mentions that doing SQL injections on a mac is a bad idea, and that if you are going to do it, it should be done with Firefox. He doesn't explain why, though. Does anyone know why this is? What makes specifically macs risky for this? Why is specifically Firefox a safer browser for this activity?

Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu04Shwqlfo

☆ Lucifer ☆
3,050 6

Seriously man that video is one of the worst I think I've ever seen, that guy's a total mong.

The best bit is when he logs in with the username "hacked" only to discover a c99 shell already uploaded to the profile and then says…… " they have a nice shell here, maybe you could upload your own shell, cos this does look like an Admin account."

Comedy Gold vg

:(
80 120

I'm not sure about SQL injections, but I know Chrome has some built-in preventative features against XSS in the URL bar. It's usually a good idea to try your attacks through every available vector just in case.

[EDIT] He could also be talking about the fact that Firefox has the Tor button which always seems to make people feel bulletproof ( spoiler alert, you're not ).

0 0

I've never ever heard of an SQL injection having a diverse effect on the machine it was performed by, nor should it the code is not executed on the machine its executed on the server. I cant find a reason why performing an SQL injection from the attackers side would cause an error.