Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

javascript injection

0 0

Alright, so I'm using firefox 6.0.2, and javascript injection isn't working for me. It's always worked for me before. I'm putting

javascript COLON alert(document DOT cookie) SEMICOLON

in the address bar, and it's giving me nothing. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

0 0

I'm fairly certain you can't use javascript in the new Firefox versions. You should try Opera or something..I quite like it. ;)

0 0

Tools > options > content > enable javascript

0 0

Z3D4 wrote: I'm fairly certain you can't use javascript in the new Firefox versions. You should try Opera or something..I quite like it. ;) Your first sentence is correct. I'm not sure I agree with your second one though.

Javascript in the location bar was disabled to stop the kind of social engineering attack you get on Facebook: "Copy and paste this into your address bar to win a free pair of speakers!!!!!!!". You can still execute Javascript in Firefox using the Web Console (Ctrl+Shift+K). Any of the following will work from the Web Console:

> alert(document.cookie)

> print(document.cookie)

> document.cookie

You really should think about getting Firebug though - its console is a lot better than the built in Web Console.

EDIT: Found the relevant bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=656433

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

JS injection works fine for me from Firefox 6.0.2 address bar.

0 0

system_meltdown wrote: JS injection works fine for me from Firefox 6.0.2 address bar. Hmm, that's odd. Javascript doesn't work when I type it in the address bar on a fresh Firefox profile with 6.0.2.

Are you sure you don't have any addons or non-default preferences set that might be enabling it for you?

Unrelated: I typed JavaScript with a capital 's' for script. Why does it show up with a little s?

0 0

Thanks everyone, I've gotten firebug, it seems to be working.