Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Barcode SQL injections

0 0

Hello,

I just read about "barcode SQL injections" for possible profit, would it be worth trying this out?

I found it here: http://h.ackack.net/?p=187

I am thinking about printing out some stickers, going to a shop and putting them over the old barcode in the hope it will drive the system nuts and i don't have to pay.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

That's definately a cool idea!

Although I think it would be rather obvious to the cashier that a bottle of coke is not free, more advanced applications could be used (in theory). I think the main problem with this is the large diversity of products that manage prices. Another dodgy problem could be the barcodes being too large when using advanced code. Even the example provided looks rather large. If someone with detailed knowledge of these products were to check out the idea, I'm sure it's possible.

Cool to keep in mind, though. (Possibly) Just one of those fun ways hacker knowledge can be applied to real life scenerios.

0 1

the cashier isn't dumb, they'll probably notice the modified barcode when they realize it wasn't checked. Not to mention that the act of posting the barcode can sometime rouse suspicion among staff and security, and that it might look fake.

Banned
0 0

Don't hoard HBH traffic, "Fred", they're all idiots!

0 0

Awesome idea! Never would have thought of that one:D

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Please keep in the mind the date on threads before you post.