Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Help with basic SQL injection quesion please?

0 0

I have just started SQL injections and have been using order by 1,2,3,4,5… to find the number of columns. On the website I am practicing on, I found there to be 7 columns using this method. The problem is, when i use: "union select all 1,2,group_concat(column_name),4,5,6,7 from information_schema.columns –" it gives me a list of a lot more than 7 columns. Why is this happening? Which one is correct, or are they getting the number of columns from different tables or even different databases. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

0 0

If you want to check the columns of a specific table, you need to specify the where clause. So for example

union select 1,2,group_concat(column_name),4,5,6,7 from information_schema.columns WHERE table_name=char(1,2,3,4,5)–

If you just group concat the columns from information_schema.columns, you are listing all of the columns in the database. If you install wamp or lamp, and have a look at the information_schema DB in phpmyadmin, you can gain a better understanding of how it's constructed.