Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Session Hijacking and Cookie Stealing

0 0

Hey guys, I've been looking around quite a bit for a tutorial on session hijacking on various hacking websites and on Google, and I was wondering if anyone had a tutorial or knows a good one on Session Hijacking by using a cookie stealing web page and then using that cookie to, of course, hijack their session. Thanks.

0 0

How exactly would this work? Do you just type this into your browser address bar?

0 0

MoshBat wrote: This should cover you: javascript:void(document.cookie="<cookie>"); Actually I hear Firefox may have some kinda magic cookie changing thingymajig…

The person who I am targeting is using IE8, so it's all good. :)

0 0

Alright, this should be easy then. From all the shit tutorials I've read, this is all I have to do. Please correct me if I'm wrong;

1. Set up a free website with a cookie stealing script embedded into it.
  2. Make the victim visit the website
  3. Once you have their cookie, type javascript:void(document.cookie="<cookie>") into the browser address bar.

And the end, right? Please don't flame me if I'm wrong, I'm new to this.

0 0

Ahhh I see, so the website that the person is logging into has to have an XSS vulnerability or HTML turned on in the forums or something like that?

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

ThunderHorse wrote: or HTML turned on in the forums or something like that? Yeah, that's why I always keep HTML turned off.

0 0

So the cookie stealing method for Session Hijacking wouldn't be practical, considering I'm trying to target a specific person on a specific site. So I would need to use the TCP method, correct?

0 0

Um, I don't know who you think you are kid, but you don't have the right to talk to anybody like that. Grow the fuck up, I asked a question. Fuck you.

EDIT: You're not funny, internet humor is gay.

EDIT: And you're bipolar, lrn2lithium

Banned
0 0

Like shitty threads are tied to newbs, sessions are usually tied to IPs. Grabbing a session hash nowadays won't get you very far.

0 0

Are you flaming me? You were a newb too at one point, if I researched enough to my liking and I feel like making a fucking thread about it, then I will, and it's not up to you to decide how good it is. I didn't make a low quality post, I asked a ew questions. Don't act like your better than me, because you aren't.

Banned
0 0

ThunderHorse wrote: Are you flaming me? You were a newb too at one point, if I researched enough to my liking and I feel like making a fucking thread about it, then I will, and it's not up to you to decide how good it is. I didn't make a low quality post, I asked a ew questions. Don't act like your better than me, because you aren't.

I just didn't like this particular thread, that's all.

:(
80 120

Pleasepleaseplease cut it out. Seriously. Spy, Mosh, people are idiots- it's a universal truth. Thunder, people are dickholes- it's also a universal truth. Stop getting so butthurt over everything, and stop giving each other stuff to get butthurt about. Deal? I'll take your future silence as a yes.

Anyway- check this out. It should help. Or not. Who knows?

Oh! And internet humor is the shit and in no way, shape, or form gay.

0 0

Thanks Futility

Banned
0 0

Futility wrote: Oh! And internet humor is the shit and in no way, shape, or form gay.

Gay people might take offense to that. They want to be "the shit" too, perhaps.

0 0

MoshBat wrote: [quote]ThunderHorse wrote: Um, I don't know who you think you are kid, but you don't have the right to talk to anybody like that. Grow the fuck up, I asked a question. Fuck you.

EDIT: You're not funny, internet humor is gay. Me? Fuck you! Yes, you! That aside, fuck you. That aside, fuck you.

But seriously, you're struggling like fuck with a very basic concept, a concept that a mere kid, like myself, has grasped. Does that make you feel special? A few times now, I have seen you post utter shite, without thought, and you have the nerve to sit there and talk shit at me? I, who have given you more help than you truly deserve?

SHUT THE FUCK UP, BITCH. YES, GUYS, IT'S FUCKING CAPSLOCK TIME. YOU ARE TALKING TO ME AND SPY, AND YOU ARE TRYING TO TREAT THE PAIR OF US LIKE… Sorry, it looks silly… kids, yes we're both much, much smarter than you are, that much I know for fact. I advise you back down now, you might manage to pick up just a little bit of dignity up off the floor on your way out. Don't let the door hit you, there are a few of us that would quite like to do that.

Futility, we tried to be nice, tried to be helpful, but it's just not working.[/quote]

Lolwut

0 0

No thanks, I won't back down. I'm not an e-bitch.

0 0

I see what you did there.

0 0

Just because I failed to grasp the concept of one thing does not mean that I failed to grasp the concept of everything else. That's called a logical fallacy, and it certifies you as a troll.

Banned
0 0

GUISE LOOK AT HOW MANY MEMES I CAN FIT IN IN THIS POST

DUCKROLL

0 0

Memes? Why are you spamming my thread talking about memes. Grow the fuck up.

0 0

MoshBat wrote: [quote]ThunderHorse wrote: Just because I failed to grasp the concept of one thing does not mean that I failed to grasp the concept of everything else. That's called a logical fallacy, and it certifies you as a troll. … No, it doesn't. Look, what you don't understand is simple HTML/Javascript, and maybe a bit of PHP. Entry level shit.[/quote]

Yes, intentional logical fallacies DO certify you as a troll, and I don't understand fucking Session Hijacking, I do understand HTML/Javascript, but not PHP, as I haven't learned anything about it yet. It may be entry level, but I never claimed to be anything above that. This forum is for learning as well, which is what I'm trying to do. If you could so kindly stay out of my threads that I make from here on out, I think we won't have a problem. Your self importance is sickening.

0 0

I'm obviously not self important. You act like you know everything, perhaps you should not go into some kind of uncontrollable e-rage everytime someone asks simple questions that can be answered with simple answers.

0 0

MoshBat wrote: [quote]ThunderHorse wrote: I'm obviously not self important. You act like you know everything, perhaps you should not go into some kind of uncontrollable e-rage everytime someone asks simple questions that can be answered with simple answers. Answers that you apparently didn't even try to find. There are countless tutorials, papers, threads on this very subject, some aimed at newbies, some on a more advanced level. There are certain common keyowrds used, too… But they are ever so obscure… And you appear to be under the impression that you mean anything to anyone, that anyone cares what you say or think… Heh. That is delusional "self importance".[/quote]

Did I say that I think that anyone cares about what I say or think? No, and after reading the thread over, it is YOU that is under this impression. Anyway, I'm not going on with this any longer, this is childish. I'm done wasting my time, I'm done wasting your time.

0 0

Haha, alright bud.

0 0

I don't get it.

0 0

:) Maybe you should be acting a little better, considering your warning level is 100.

Banned
0 0

ThunderHorse wrote: :) Maybe you should be acting a little better, considering your warning level is 100.

Those are "cool points", you can tell how much a person really is a dick by guessing if they are.

You guessed right.

0 0

Being a dick isn't cool, being nice is.B)

0 0

MoshBat wrote: [quote]ThunderHorse wrote: :) Maybe you should be acting a little better, considering your warning level is 100. You're one to talk. I hear you've already had a nice little warning. And you would think that if I have a copy of that PM that someone happened to send it to me, and someone doesn't agree with you on that matter.

Look, I tried three times to explain the most basic of thing, something that you can find heaps of information on from a simple search. Forgive me for losing patience with you, it's rather frustrating trying to explain things to you.

I have been a complete jerk, dick, cunt, whatever. You are right, and you are, as you said, better than I, a self-important cunt. Please accept my apology.[/quote]

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. And you also called me a self important cunt at the end. >.>

0 0

I didn't read that part, my mistake. Apology accepted, sorry,

0 0

MoshBat wrote: [quote]ThunderHorse wrote: I didn't read that part, my mistake. Apology accepted, sorry, Hahahaha. I called you retarded in that "apology" a fair few times, yet you still accepted it, and missed the insults? Heh. Fruits of my labour, how sweet you taste.[/quote]

I don't care, I can take insults quite well, just not ridicule for something like this.

Banned
0 0

Welcome.

This is the 51th post of this thread, this post marks the beginning of a new half, a new direction.

This now doesn't suck anymore.

0 0

To the admin online: Lock the fucking thread already.

This is pathetic.

0 0

define wrote: To the admin online: Lock the fucking thread already.

This is pathetic.

MoshBat wrote: Wow, you haven't actually given me shit for starting something. +1CP. Not my job. Were it still, though, I would've banned you. And probably locked this thread about 30 posts ago.

0 0

MoshBat wrote: Hehe. Make some recommendations, I'm sure you could make it happen. Not the same if I'm not the one pulling the trigger.

Anyways, people have to learn to stop being weak on their own.