Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

How secure is wordpress?

0 0

Does anyone know exactly how secure wordpress is?

When a lot of people are using it, I should think that anyone can see its weaknesses. :right:

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Yeah, wordpress definitely seems to attract a lot of vulnerabilities. However, considering they're a pretty massive project, I would assume they fix them relatively quick. I would, personally, recommend you make your own CMS though, that's a much better learning experience.

Banned
0 0

The wordpress dev team needs to hire a few web app sec guys, there's a major exploit in nearly every release.

It's also pretty bloated. I recommend writing your own, simple, blog software.

0 1

but you have to keep in mind of the OP's skills, and not all are good enough in building and hosting a blog, but I guess if the OP's skilled enough I don't see why not.

0 0

I wouldn't have thought I would have been good enough, but I tried and I have a fully functioning CMS now, all made myself. Took a week or two but it was an excellent learning experience In my opinion. If you decide to make your own CMS, you can PM me if your having any problems. Don't expect me to do it for you but I'll help :P

0 0

NotMyFault wrote: I wouldn't have thought I would have been good enough, but I tried and I have a fully functioning CMS now, all made myself. Took a week or two but it was an excellent learning experience In my opinion. If you decide to make your own CMS, you can PM me if your having any problems. Don't expect me to do it for you but I'll help :P 0 to douche bag in 3 months not bad :D We're all proud of your cms skillz, but don't let it go to your head.

0 0

wolfmankurd wrote: [quote]NotMyFault wrote: I wouldn't have thought I would have been good enough, but I tried and I have a fully functioning CMS now, all made myself. Took a week or two but it was an excellent learning experience In my opinion. If you decide to make your own CMS, you can PM me if your having any problems. Don't expect me to do it for you but I'll help :P 0 to douche bag in 3 months not bad :D We're all proud of your cms skillz, but don't let it go to your head.[/quote] Play nicely. The admins aren't in very good moods.