Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

CAM Flood/ARP Flood

0 0

What I'm trying to do: I'm trying to sniff traffic past a switch (lab environment). I have read to to this I need to Flood the CAM/ARP tables in the switch putting it into 'hub' mode.

Problem: I am using Ettercap and HPing2 on Ubuntu and Backtrac. But they do not seem to have ARP flooding features. I have read about both and some reading on the net indicates that Ettercap can be used to ARP flood but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get it to work.

This Question: Can Ettercap ARP flood? If so is there a special plugin that I have to get for it? If not, what other program can I use to do and ARP flood?

Thanks for the Help

PS: I realize I can just put a hub in the network instead of a switch but what fun would that be?

Banned
0 0

Cain and Abel (http://www.oxid.it/cain.html) looks like it would do what you need. Windows only though, as far as I know.

The latest version is faster and contains a lot of new features like APR (Arp Poison Routing) which enables sniffing on switched LANs and Man-in-the-Middle attacks. The sniffer in this version can also analyze encrypted protocols such as SSH-1 and HTTPS, and contains filters to capture credentials from a wide range of authentication mechanisms.

0 0

Thanks I'll try that.