Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Password recovery Javascript - NEED HELP -

0 0

Hi everyone

Couple of days ago, I came upon a site with a password recovery tool: markup<input type="text" value="" size="20" name="auth[username]" id="UNAME_LP"/> and here the submit button: markup<a class="formbutton" href="javascript:void(mailPassword())" style="float: right;">Send Email</a>

Moreover, I came upon this javascript later in the source code:

var uname = document.getElementById('UNAME_LP');
		if (callUrl('/*/*/ajax/mailpassword.html?auth[username]='+encodeURIComponent(uname.value)))	{
			notice("Your Password will now be sent");
		}	else	{
			notice("Error");		
		}
	}```
If i click the submit button with the user "Test", it generates this url:
```markupmailpassword.html?auth[username]=Test```

I tried to generate this url: 
```markupmailpassword.html?auth[username]=Test&data[Email]=a@email.com```,
but this did not give any result

Any ideas on how to bypass this one? any help would be highly appreciated :)

0 0

Try to trace it and figure out where it stops working. Have you set up your server so that the mail function works?

0 0

@c4p_sl0ck:I'm really sorry, but I don't really understand you…what do you mean with tracing a site? For the second question: I did not set up any server, it's a site I came upon a couple of days ago

@MoshBat: So you think there is no way to bypass this one? Even not if I change the javascript snippet?

0 0

MoshBat wrote: Okay, what is most likely happening is: It is using $_GET (PHP) to get the username. Then it is sending the email for that user, if it exists. I doubt you can just change little bits of the URL to get an email sent to you.

I have to agree with MoshBat, the mail-part is most probably server-side, wich makes it more secure. Although there's a 'very' small chance that u can still change the email part.

As you can see in the URL (from the javascript) they use arrays in the URL, like this "/mailpassword.html?auth[username]=", the PHP function that can handle these links is parse_str. So that would mean that to code could look something like this:

$aData['sEmail'] = 'test@test.com'; // Works!

if(!empty($_GET["aData"])) {
	parse_str($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']);
	// $aData['sEmail'] = 'test@test.com'; // Doesnt work.
	print_r($aData);
}
?>

<html>
 <head><title>parse_str</title></head>
 <body style="font: 12px Verdana;">
  <br /><br />
  <form method="GET">
   Username: <input type="test" name="aData[sUsername]" /><input type="submit" value="Send!" />
  </form>
 </body>
</html>

So in this case you can use this link /code.php?aData[sUsername]=Bla&aData[sMail]=mymail@test.com, it will overwrite the pre-defined variable and replace it with yours . But as you probably noticed (see the comments) it only works if the sMail variable is defined before parse_str is used.

So considering what MoshBat said, that the mail adress is done server-side, based on the username, is most likely. Wich means that this won't work.

I hope this post clears up a few things.

0 0

Well, at least I tried^^ thanks everyone for the replies, It helped a lot :)

P.S.: found a SQL injection on this site, gonna work in that direction ;)

0 0

Lol noo I don't trash 'em, it's actually for educational purposes only :D When i'm finished with the site, I'm gonna laugh at the admin and forget this site the very next day^^

Admin from hell
0 0

Well yeah just forget about it cause it would be stupid to help them fix it.

0 0

@korg: in most cases, admins don't even respond to emails ;) donno if they read the messages, but still there will be no changes…if they don't care about their site's security, why should I ;) @Moshbat: lol I'm not a big man, I just don't see the point in demolishing every site I can, I still beleive that the best hacker is the one who does his work without anyone noticing it;)

0 0

a) I don't think that it changes much when I post on a public forum like this, it could be any site on the inet, as I have changed the titles of the pages, and others b) I have never said that I am the one who always stays unnoticed, I am just trying to achieve this ;) c) I think you overestimate the popularity of this site when calling it spotlight :p d) I think it's getting really off topic by now…