Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

changing flash var

0 0

is it possible to change a flash var_ simply by injecting something in the url?

Banned
0 0

R3M0T3 H4CK3R wrote: is it possible to change a flash var_ simply by injecting something in the url?

Yeah, if the flash loads a GET from the URL, it's possible.

Retired
10 0

Is that a common practice? I have never seen it but, the reason I ask is because I don't play flash games.

0 0

R3M0T3 H4CK3R wrote: is it possible to change a flash var_ simply by injecting something in the url? If you mean modifying your score in a game or something like that; I'd say the answer is no. This is not done through GET variables ^^

0 0

Uber0n wrote: If you mean modifying your score in a game or something like that; I'd say the answer is no. This is not done through GET variables ^^ Exactly. Actionscript could be pulling variables from their language of choice (in which case you'd probably see the variables listed in the embed tag), but I don't figure anyone wishes to complicate their code even more by stretching to use GET variables in Flash for your convenience.

Retired
10 0

Zephyr_Pure wrote: I don't figure anyone wishes to complicate their code even more…

beside the fact that all the time they spent making a high score table would pretty much be wasted.

0 0

yours31f wrote: [quote]Zephyr_Pure wrote: I don't figure anyone wishes to complicate their code even more…

beside the fact that all the time they spent making a high score table would pretty much be wasted.[/quote]

Most people don't bother making their own high score tables anyway. They use mochi or armor bot seeing as both of them are now pretty secure… well, not a simple tamper data job now.

What exactly are you trying to achieve? Merely cheat in a game? The only way you'll be able to do it I guess is decompile the swf and edit the AS.