Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

0 0

Is there any way i could get someones ip with just their phone number? Ive already googled it and couldnt find anything. and i read that i have to get some legal thing to do that. :ninja::ninja::ninja:

0 0

Call the phone number and ask for IP address? Jk.

What would you do with it anyway? I'd imagine there are easier ways (that don't include the phone number) if you've somehow gotten the person's phone number too.

EDIT: Also, to answer your question, I don't think it's possible (at least not easy) if you really only have a phone number and don't even know the person.

0 0

If they are on any connection separate from their phone line (which is basically any high-speed connection like DSL, cable, etc) then I would think it's impossible since the two lines are completely different.

If they're still running a crappy dial-up modem, then the phone line is the same as the Internet connection line and IN THEORY it's possible to do it. However, the method IF ONE EXISTS would probably be damn near impossible.

~Hawk

0 0

In other words: Unless you can tie their phone number to any of their relevant personal info… No.

Satan > God
0 0

ring him up and talk him into given you the details you need… ;) thats what i would try…

Retired
10 0

person: hello you: Hi i have your phone number, can you tell me your IP address? person: um, who are you again? you: I don't know. Can I have it now? person: click.

seems to me about how it would go.

Satan > God
0 0

yours31f wrote: person: hello you: Hi i have your phone number, can you tell me your IP address? person: um, who are you again? you: I don't know. Can I have it now? person: click.

Maybe if the OP tried…. id like the challenge, id have him believing i was calling from his isp in no time ;) Instead of him telling it me because i dont know…. He tells it me so that i can confirm its right… or somthing like that ;)

0 0

K3174N 420 wrote: [quote]yours31f wrote: person: hello you: Hi i have your phone number, can you tell me your IP address? person: um, who are you again? you: I don't know. Can I have it now? person: click.

Maybe if the OP tried…. id like the challenge, id have him believing i was calling from his isp in no time ;) Instead of him telling it me because i dont know…. He tells it me so that i can confirm its right… or somthing like that ;) [/quote]

That's a good idea, but then he'd have to question if you were calling from his ISP because his ISP would already have his IP. Personally, I would try to SE the actual ISP. That or just find a way to access ISP records. They would have the number on file somewhere. Just call up and tell a lower employee that you have a phone number that they need to cross reference with an ip address for the police so that they can confirm that it is the right person and you'll most likely get it. Plus, not a lot of home users know what an IP is lol.

0 0

Texas Instruments wrote: Is there any way i could get someones ip with just their phone number? Ive already googled it and couldnt find anything. and i read that i have to get some legal thing to do that. :ninja::ninja::ninja:

There is no way to do this you will have to do something "online" to get his ip address best of luck.

0 0

Well if you have their phone number then you can google it, see what comes up. A lot of people put their numbers on myspace or other sites. If you have the area code then you have a general idea of where they are. Try seeing what company they use by the number. This should be an HBH challenge man! Takes a bit of social engineering and cunning to figure this one out.

The more you know about the number you have, the closer you are to getting their IP.

0 0

K_I_N_G wrote: Well if you have their phone number then you can google it, see what comes up. A lot of people put their numbers on myspace or other sites. If you have the area code then you have a general idea of where they are. Try seeing what company they use by the number. This should be an HBH challenge man! Takes a bit of social engineering and cunning to figure this one out.

The more you know about the number you have, the closer you are to getting their IP. Even if people were stupid enough to put their phone number on MySpace / other wastes of time (still a LONG stretch), I fail to see how that would help you to get their IP. Also, chances are that, if he has their phone number… he knows them and already knows what area code / city / etc. to associate with them. On top of that, knowing the ISP won't put you any closer to locating them than just an area code (without a phone number) would. The whole thing just sounds like a prank being attempted by someone who has no idea whatsoever of what they're doing, and this person is getting a number of goofy responses from people who try too hard to be funny or dreamers.

0 0

Well I incorporated my response into my new signature, should tell you what I really think about your post.

0 0

K_I_N_G wrote: Well I incorporated my response into my new signature, should tell you what I really think about your post. Well, if you don't post like a moron, you won't get talked to like one. Sorry I hurt your feelings about your intellectually-lacking post, Sally.

0 0

Well first of i demand to know who sally is! :P jk and from what i get from all the replies, i cant do it?

0 0

Texas Instruments wrote: Well first of i demand to know who sally is! :P jk and from what i get from all the replies, i cant do it? Oh… Sally is that little bitch up there that thought using big-kid words in a subtle way would make him cool.

From all the replies… you should gather that you CAN, but only with additional information that actually can be connected to an IP. This is a very small set of information, and does not include any of the previously mentioned items in the past posts ALONE. You don't have a chance… that's the truth. SE your target for more relevant information (IM accounts, home web servers, VNC, whatever). And don't do it like a moron like the examples from the other posts in this thread.

0 0

I agree. Without the use of SE it isn't likely your going to get it. If you don't know to much about the person you could always enter the number on a phonebook site or something and get additional details from there. Good luck with what you wish to do.

0 0

insert quote from "Hackers" here

google operator "phonebook:" If it is public, then it is connected to their name. If you can find or guess an email, then it should be easy to go from there.

but why? one of those "hack my IP" things?

0 0

Texas Instruments wrote: Is there any way i could get someones ip with just their phone number? Ive already googled it and couldnt find anything. and i read that i have to get some legal thing to do that. :ninja::ninja::ninja:

Well, I already got it for you….

DoS it offline or something good for me. :D

The IP is:

Ok… Well.. If they are using Dial-Up then they connect through the same line as their phone.. So its plausible, but I imagine damn near impossible to accomplish and not worth your time…..

If they're using some sort of broadband then it is impossible, because its two totally different lines….

0 0

Night_Stalker wrote: <snip>

You contributed nothing that hasn't already been said… Do people not even bother to skim through a thread they're responding to anymore?