Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

xssed trouble...

0 0

OK Basically when I submit a xss link to xssed.com and it uses POST for some reason it never shows up….So I was wondering am I doing this right?: NAME:SaMTHG URL:http://www.the_xss_vulnsite.com/search.php POST:"><script>alert("XSS")</script> IMG:The verification numbers/letters

Because I've now submitted at least 15 different sites using POST and none have shown up..only those that have the XSS in the URL. Thanks

Banned
0 0

Maybe the POST-ones get checked by hand, so it takes a while for them to get published? Anyway, enjoy your e-penis.

0 0

About the "> I found 2 today one does need the "> and the other doesn't. But I'll try it. Thanks

Retired
10 0

@ ^^ the "> ends the input tag, then inputs your script into the source and not into the text.

0 0

So when I put "> into the POST field what I'm doing is inserting script into the source but how do they know when to use "> on the site and when not to?

0 0

SaMTHG wrote: So when I put "> into the POST field what I'm doing is inserting script into the source but how do they know when to use "> on the site and when not to?

Maybe you should learn what happens with XSS. When you insert a "> you are breaking out of an input field that has your input in it. For instance, let's say you type in:

test

The server could output:

&lt;form action=&quot;&quot; method=&quot;post&quot;&gt;
       &lt;input type=&quot;text&quot; value=&quot;test&quot;&gt;
       &lt;input type=&quot;submit&quot; value=&quot;Search&quot;&gt;
&lt;/form&gt;

If that happens, then you would try to type "><script>alert(1);</script>. If it's vulnerable, the page will output something like:

&lt;input type=&quot;text&quot; value=&quot;&quot;&gt;&lt;script&gt;alert(1);&lt;/script&gt;&quot;&gt;
&lt;/form&gt;

If it isn't, it will output:

&lt;input type=&quot;text&quot; value=&quot;&amp;quot;&amp;gt;&amp;lt;script&amp;gt;alert(1);&amp;lt;/script&amp;gt;&quot;&gt;
&lt;/form&gt;

Edit: I wish hbh would filter ampersands so I wouldn't have to type out all of the ampersands with &amp;

0 0

I know how XSS works I'm just wondering if I only put in <script>alert(stuff here)</script> and on the site I used the XSS on I used "><script>alert(stuff here)</script> and it works and doesn't work without the "> then what do the staff of xssed do???

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

SaMTHG wrote: I know how XSS works I'm just wondering if I only put in <script>alert(stuff here)</script> and on the site I used the XSS on I used "><script>alert(stuff here)</script> and it works and doesn't work without the "> then what do the staff of xssed do???

It's already been explained. Usually the input will be echoed in the page as for example <input type="text" value=$input>, or I don't know even <a href=$input>something</a>. if you input just <script>alert(/xsss/)</script> it will result in <input type="text" value="<script>alert(/xsss/)</script>">,thus not being executed, because you are still within the <input> tag. But if you use "><script>alert(/xsss/)</script> you end up with <input type="text" value=""><script>alert(/xsss/)</script>"> so input tag is properly ended and then your script inserted and executed. Whereas if the input was echoed just like <b>$input</b>, you could use just <script>alert(/xsss/)</script>, because when the input is echoed, it's not within any other tag, therefor no need to end one–> <b><script>alert(/xsss/)</script><b>

0 0

I think it should be done like this: For example if there is a login screen and when you input some xss use livehttpheaders and see how it sends it. Then use that part to submit the xss to xssed. Example:

URL: 	www.somesite.com/login.php
Post: Username=%27%3Cscript%3Ealert%28%22xss%22%29%3C%2Fscript%3E&Password=%27%3Cscript%3Ealert%28%22xss%22%29%3C%2Fscript%3E

0 0

OK But then why is it that one of the sites you don't need the "> part? P.S The source looks like this: markup&lt;input id=&quot;search_term&quot; name=&quot;SEARCH_REQUEST._search_term&quot; value=&quot;&lt;script&gt;alert(/xssed/)&lt;/script&gt;&quot; maxlength=&quot;40&quot; size=&quot;13&quot; class=&quot;txtBox&quot; onfocus=&quot;this.select();&quot;/&gt;

0 0

I don't see why you wouldn't need it on that one as well.

Retired
10 0

It just depends on the script. sometimes you need it, other times you don't. I have noticed that you need it on the more basic ones, But thats not to say that you may not need it for another one that left that part out.

Banned
0 0

yours31f wrote: It just depends on the script. sometimes you need it, other times you don't. I have noticed that you need it on the more basic ones, But thats not to say that you may not need it for another one that left that part out.

DISREGARD ELEMENTAL PROOF. 50% CHANCE ON EVERYTHING!

Retired
10 0

I agree, It's always good to try it.

Banned
0 0

yours31f wrote: I agree, It's always good to try it.

DISREGARD SARCASM. PLEASE DIE, YOU SMART GUY, YOU.